BC Boards

Taking the Runt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neobliviscaris06, I am familliar with the group of Border Collie Rescue, So California. They are absolutely wonderful people, and I got my dog from them. Be persistant and patient in contacting them. Sometimes the people are just busy and get behind in replying to contacts. Fill out the application, and someone will contact you. Often rescue groups have puppies. Good luck in finding the best doggie for you.

Originally posted by Neobliviscaris06:

That I am starting to notice Betsy. It is rtuly why I came to this site for advice concernign this Breeder. See there is already one person here that has had an encounter with her. I knew I would find what I needed to HERE!!.

I came late to this party, having been out all day, but remember in the Star Trek movies/tv shows where the "RED-ALRET! RED-ALRET!" sirens were going off? Or, "Warning! Warning!Danger Will Robinson!" for those of us old enough...

Man, with so many wonderful dogs available in Rescue (and the many kind-hearted people on here spending time and money they do not have to transport them nationwide), surely you can find a great dog without resorting to a confirmation breeder--and ***$1,200***!?!? Wowsers.

My two girls are rescues, and I couldn't be happier.

BTW, Lucy is the "runt" and she has been healthy as can be her entire life.

If you look at her "adoptions and older dogs for sale" there is NO adoptions there. Unreal prices. However she does have the first dog named Rhatt, who is a "GREAT STUD DOG" but he is neutered.....LOL wonder how that works?

Good luck finding your buddy, be patient take your time and do your homework!!

Tracy

Hello guys. I just had a great weekend and I found a dog. We went to the HUname Society looking for a dog not a border collie at all. There at the Humane Society there was nothing we were interested in . We headed down to the Helen Woodward Shelter. A really nice place and there to our surprise we three border collie mixes. Two were siblings both males about 8 months old. We fell in love with one of the brothers and took him home. We named him Fade. IF I can figure out how to post a pick I will put it up here.

Thanks Willikers. Man the family is very happy with him .I found out him and his brother were transfered from a " high kill" shelter in KIngman Arizona. After taking his brother out into the play area and then him we picked Fade. He was really shy on the way home BUT he is really coming out of his shell now . What a great dog he is and smart too. Teaching him is so easy because he learns really fast ....almost like he already knows. If it wasn't for this site who knows what would have happened to Fade. I owe so much Thanks on this Thanksgiving to the people here . Thank you all !!!!!From the heart of the Campbell family and the big sweet heart of our Fade.