BC Boards

UPDATE: BEN IS NOT LOST (c:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad everything turned out well. I know how you must have felt. I came home one night and my BC Lizzie was gone. I thought someone had stolen her out of her kennel. My daughter had taken the day off and had her with her, but that feeling that you may never see your wonderful BC again is not a good feeling. Again I'm so happy for you.

I knew!!!

I always knew!!! With all the recently stories of dogs being lost lately,all resulted in happy endings. Why not BEN?

I undestand you sleeping with him on bed. I do the same every time Chemukh comes home, even when she doesn't like it.

I've had some theories sent to me about Ben's adventures. A couple more serious ones, that someone thought he was a valuable breeding/show animal, brought him home, bathed him to prep for sale, and realized he was neutered. Another that he got away from someone, got yucky while escaping, and somene else found him, gave him a bath, kept him overnght, then dropped him off at what they thought was the right address on the way to work. Another that a kind soul saw him pooting around outside our fence and didn't realize he belonged with the farm, and picked him up as a stray, bathed him and realized he had a collar with an address close to where they found him, and returned him (I think this may be most likely).

It could be a combination of the these, or none of the above in reality. I am, of course, just glad it's a story with a happy ending! :cool:

More funny, and of course, less plausible, theories: someone meant to keep him, but he wore them out playing ball, or freaked them out with his staring when they refused to play. They didn't throw the frisbee right and he took off in search of someone who WOULD (Ben actually does this in a group of people). They tried him out on their cattle and he took off looking for our sheep.

Ben's really, really tired this morning. We did one chore that's been waiting since he disappeared and then he came in and appropriated the couch. That's partly the antihistamines of course but I can tell he's just bone tired.

My neighbor asked me where he can get a pup or dog like Ben. [ :rolleyes: ] I've got a rescue coming this weekend that will probably suit them, a real fetching machine with some signs of possible talent on stock.

i am so pleased!!!

i was just coming here on to pass on the thoughts and prayers from friends on a uk forum to which i crossposted, and found to my delight when i checked said other forum someone had updated my post already!

so please take the belated thoughts and prayers from there and now the hugest congratulations from all of us! see ben is even being talked about on a little uk doggy forum. how famous is that? lol!

Hooray Becca! Sharing your tears of joy here!You were in my thoughts all night as I had Kit in an arm lock halfway on my lap. I came here to check the boards first thing this morning to see if you'd gotten your boy back. I'm so happy for you and Ben!!

ETA: Becca,I just read through the rest of your posts. It's funny, after I read the one that Ben was home after having spent the afternoon at your neighbor's playing , the first thing that came to mind was, hmmm, possible future adoptive home there??

Such a relief! I am glad to know Ben got home OK.

Rebecca you must feel like a huge weight has been lifted!!

Phew! I am SOOOO glad for a happy ending! Glad he came through his adventures happy and healthy - and maybe helped get another dog a home...!

Dublin says "Welcome back! Adventures sure are fun, aren't they? Though they can be exhausting and tend to freak out our people..."

DSC01459.jpg