BC Boards

Agility Equipment at Target

I was just in Target the other day and they now have agility equipment. It is the cheaper Target brand, but they had the tunnel, weave poles, bars for jumps, the hoop and a few other items. They are pretty inexpensive too! I'm sure the quality isn't the greatest, but I can't afford the good stuff and don't have the space to make sturdy equipment, so this was a good option for me! Most of it folds up too, so if you don't have a lot of storage space it is better than nothing!

Just thought I'd let everyone know. I'm a teacher who lives in a townhouse, so for me seeing an endcap full of inexpensive, easy to store agility equipment was heavenly!

I was totally unaware. I have several friends looking to get into agility and while I lend them pieces of equipment at a time they don't really have enought to really get going, while at the same time they're not sure they want to spend a fortune on equipment until they know their dog will enjoy it, so I'm sure they'll be thrilled to hear this. Thanks for letting us know! :rolleyes:

That would be cool. I'll have to look next time I go. It would be fun to get some agility things for Black Jack. He would love it.

I got the tunnel from Target last week. I was surprised how cheap it was - only $9! I needed to teach Kipp how to go through a tunnel, so I picked one up to try it out. Sure, it's not the sturdiest thing, but it is really nice for a $9 tunnel!

And it is still in great shape after 4 or 5 sessions with Kipp, who, besides going through it correctly, has tried to jump on top of it, has ran into the side of it and has gone underneath it :rolleyes::D

I am so glad that I was off work today and read the BC forum. Thank you SO much for the tip! I went straight to Target this afternoon and I bought two tunnels and they are perfect to make a 10 ft tunnel together and for only $18 :rolleyes: . I am so impressed that I was out in the rain training with my agility addict Border collie.

They have a lot of different things and the mini dogwalk would be ideal for teaching pups how to do contacts.

Thanks again! :D:D:D

Kat

I would like the tunnel for the pups to play in so went looking for it. I was told they don't carry any agility equipment, though the employee I asked didn't seem to get what I wanted. I also looked in the pet section, camping, sports, etc. Actually, it's kinda funny. I think the employee thought that I was asking for dog FIGHTING equipment because he said, "Oh no, that is illegal to sell in this state." Yeah, dog fighting with my vicious BCs :rolleyes:

It was in the pet section. Maybe because it's new all the stores don't have it yet? I'd try looking at another Target ot target.com

Thanks! I'll try Target.com unless I'm going to South Bend for some reason this weekend. Our Target isn't huge. Maybe that is part of it too. Or maybe it will be coming in the next week or two (call me a Cubs fan).

I am going to have to look and see, Chris has wanted to try agility since before we even had Ceana

Ok I just looked online and couldn't find anything... anyone have any hints? :rolleyes:

Called super target, they say they have some, wish me luck... herding trainers are to far away so maybe this could be a new fun activity

I might get some tunnels. We could even play with a tunnel in my tiny apartment.

They have a mini-dogwalk?!?

I was really surprised to find light weight tunnels in the summer catalog for Oriental Trading Company... the party/bible school/carnival supply house . 19.95 Some were clear. I doubt they would hold up to BC enthusiasm.

I got the regular tunnel and the crawl under tunnel yesterday!

Today I set up a jump, the regular tunnel, and a jump and gave each dog a turn to play. All of mine, except Dean have had intro to agility. I had to teach Mickey to go through the tunnel, but once he understood that there was food involved, he was all for it.

It's very fun to have a tunnel.

I am looking forward to teaching Maddie the crawl under tunnel. I might try UKC with her sometime just for kicks.

aahhh.. i'm drooling over here..

can't get any agility equipment over here unless you make them yourself.. or import them in.

i need to get some affordable agility equipment

You guys sound like you are having so much fun with all the new stuff.

i'm so envious!

its the same here... :rolleyes:

I would think that in Oz it would just depend on where you are...eastern states vs western states?

Kinda like here in the States... urban vs rural... that kind of thing. I know there are a lot of DIY agility

equipment instructions out there...

There again I'm in the Houston area and I looked through several Targets, to no avail.... :rolleyes:

Thats a great idea that target has come up with.

I know alot of friends that would like to start Agility

but dont want to spend the big price money for

new equipment.

I will half to pass this around to those people.

I remember when I first started Agility with my BC,

bought a A - Frame first and 4 jumps, and a tunnel.

The amount I paid was very high, ever since then I

have been building my own Agility obstacles.

:rolleyes: