BC Boards

Rune had babies!

Yes, disregarding all reason, logic, and applying a bit of selfishness to the mix, I bred my dog!!!

Snakesandpuppies019.jpg

However, I think the father's genetics may have been a wee questionable.....

Snakesandpuppies010.jpg

Either way, she isa dutiful mother....checking under the hood:

Snakesandpuppies014.jpg

Snakesandpuppies021.jpg

LoL. I'm fostering two wee kittens, 4wks old, bottle babes.....Rune is in love! She would have made a wonderful mum! But alas, she is spayed....and good thing, too! Who on earth would want a bunch of wee Runes running amuck?!

Aw, that brings back memories! I had a litter of kittens that Freya adopted. She even tried to nurse them. Then one of them hissed for the first time and she wanted nothing to do with them anymore! :rolleyes:

When I read your post line I thought I didn't even know she was going to have any, then I thought isn't she spayed? :rolleyes:

They're so cute. I love kittens, but I'm not such a big fan of cats. :D

That is too cute! Extending congratulations, Rune, on the babies, odd little things that they are. :rolleyes:

That was such a clever set up :D And especially since the first pics is not at all relevant to the breed of the babies :D Rune is such a sweetheart!

Question for all these kitty loving dogs, do they exhibit any prey drive instinct prior to falling in motherly love with the orphans? Meaning, do they usualy chase cats, squirells, rabbits, etc? Because for some reason, I just cannot imagine my dog (true, he's a male), in such love scenes with tiny furry objects. I think he would try to squeek the hell out of them :rolleyes:

Bill, the quote is hillarious :D

Recon is an indulgent mother type and that includes all animals, rabbits, rats, kittens, puppies (especially puppies!) - (she even went so far as to produce milk and nurse a litter of orphaned puppies, thus greatly reducing the need for extra bottle feedings and saving my sanity...Thank you, Recon!)

Combat, however, things the "wild things" are for chasing. Squirrels, rabbits, whatever - chase it. But give him a kitten and he melts into a puddle of dopey, sappy, licky, whiney, devoted caretaker. It's rather hilarious. (You do not say to Combat "where's your kitty?", because he gets -sad- when he can't find the kitty.) Baby anything, really. He'll sleep with the foals. He's odd. :rolleyes: I miss that dog.

Any takers?

These two, along with 3 other black bundles of love, are all in need of good homes!

Rune is loving the hell out of this whole kitty-fostering we've been into. Idon't know if I mentioned howI came by them. As I think I've told you all before, I have a new job as a vet tech. Well, its "kitten season." People tend to drop off loads this time of year...and some need a little extra care than the rest. Thats where I come in. :rolleyes:

I think "Home Needed" posters that included pictures of Rune caring for her kittens would make them ever so appealing to dog owners! I have been thinking of getting another cat, and you are reminding me that this is kitten season here too. I'll check out my local rescue.

Very cute!

I foster kittens for a rescue here and Abby is terrified of them. I try to keep them separated since I don't know whether she'd snap in fear. One of the kittens escaped out of my arms though last summer and made a run right *into* Abby's food bown while she was eating! Her eyes practically popped out of her head and she backed up and ran for the cover of her crate. All because of a 2 lb kitten!

Way to go Rune!!

Got six rescues of the "cat" kind of my own, otherwise I'd take you up on it cause they're so darn cute!!

I agree - Definetly make up posters! What a draw!!!

You've gotten into "vet tech", I've gotten into a NFP program out here called "Spay & Stay" which is a trap-neuter-return program geared toward's feral cats. The overabundance of feral cats is a problem all over, and this program is an alternative to the eventual euthanasia that these cats would meet otherwise. "Caregivers" set up outdoor colonies for feral cats that are not "friendlies" and provide shelters, food, etc. Kitten's and friendlies are socialized and placed thru fosters. The cats are live traped, brought to one of the spay day sights (vet's that have volunteered their time to do multiple spay/neuters in one day) and these kitties get their shots, microchipped, ears cleaned and tipped so that if they are ever picked up again, animal control knows that they have already been vaccinated and altered, wounds fixed, meds if necessary, flea control, & whatever is necesary and then returned to their caregiver. Lot of work and makes for a long day, but WELL worth it!

Great program out here since our shelters are overrun and won't accept any more cats/kitties. REALLY HARD for me not to take a few more home.

But I think 6 is enough "toys" for my 2 BC mixes!

Rune looks so happy!!!! My hubby is a kitten/cat lover all the way and we would have all of them if we were to foster them...they would never go any further.

As for "motherly love" and "prey drive". Tess caught a bunny in our yard last spring and hubby had to practically smack Tess on the head to get her to drop it. However, when we got the kitten, she took to cleaning it on a regular basis ( so then the worms came for Tess too). Keegan isn't so sure about it all. The kitten tries to lay with him but he always moves. However, he does nuzzle the kitten still.

Hump. Round here if I take care of it Libby and Sam will adopt it. Katie the toy fox terrier thinks anything smaller than her or Molly the cat are for chasing and barking at. My only real issue with Sam, the BC, is he thinks anything black and white is a playmate. Hello dude! we are in skunk territory here. LOL And yes he has gotten to a skunk. Fortunately, he moved fast enough not to get sprayed but his play area stunk for days. I just hope he learned his lesson or I'm a gonna have one stinky dog on my hands.

Kitties are cuties. No don't send them here. Dh would kill me. He is still a tad upset due to the ginea pig that just came home. Well, dd( age 4) wanted a pig from the farm like in Charlotte's Web. She is currently in LOVE with her ginea pig. So far it seems since it isn't a boy so Wilbur will not due for a name, Charlotte appears to be what her name will be. Let's just hope she doesn't find a spider for the little piggie/cavvie. :rolleyes: