BC Boards

Any tips for a sore throat

Hi, well after our emergency visit to the vets the other day I'm glad the only thing obviously wrong with Bailey now is a sore throat (he hasnt brought up any more blood :D ), he's on antibiotics as the glands in his neck were slightly inflammed when we saw the vet so he's getting treatment for it but the glands are even more inflammed now and he sounds like he has a sore throat (he's only tried ruffing a coupla times but it sounded painful). I was wondering has anyone got any idea on what I could give him to soothe it (food wise), I was thinking something cold but I dont know what as his appetite is a bit funny at the mo, he'll only eat fresh meat. I cant get him interested in anything that is harder such as his usual treats or dry food (the vet reccommended feeding him that aswell as raw).

Bless him, I'm not used to having a dog that just wanders around the house looking for his next place to sleep... its so quiet and tidy, the house isnt covered in toys like normal either :rolleyes:

Cheers

Claire x

Can he drink milk? Some dogs get diarrhea from it, Kessie doesn't. I made her milk ice cubes when she had a throat infection. She loved them and seemed grateful (might have been for the tastiness and the good intentions, of course :rolleyes: ).

Maybe normal ice cubes would work too? Some folks give them to their dogs when it's hot, I think...

I would try a oregano throat spray. In B.C. here there's a lady that makes an oregano, echinacea throat spray and it worked wonders!! It's 10 dollars a bottle and very worth it. Her farm is called Falcon Ridge Farms. I've seen this clear up a sore throat in a day, if you can get past the taste..lol. After you use it once your dog knows a mile away. :rolleyes: