BC Boards

Please send Tikkle your prayers

Anna,

You and Tikkle remain in my prayers. Sounds like she's got a knowledgeable dr who's being upfront w/you about the chances of recovery - and that's a big help in making future decisions for her. Hopefully Tikkle will have the best of outcomes.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anna,

I just was able to sign on today and see how Tickkle is doing. I'm so sorry to hear it's not better news, but it does seem encouraging, that she is trying so hard to come back from this. She obviously has tremendous spirit, and I'm sending her all the healing thoughts and prayers I can summon.

Best wishes.

Hi all ---

Quick update on Tick. I just talked to Anna at the vet hospital, and Tick is doing a LOT better. She is still wobbly, but when Anna walked into the room to see her this morning Tikkle stood up, walked over to Anna all wiggly and tail-wagging the way our dogs do [big heart] and when Anna sat down to greet her Tick actually stood up on her hind legs and put her paws on Anna's shoulders. Everyone at the vet's was thrilled with this progress --- so much, so soon, yay Tick! She still cannot see, but the vet says all these issues could take weeks to resolve fully. So things are looking much better for Tikkle.

Keep holding good thoughts, and Anna says thanks tons for the good vibes!

ETA: the vet taking care of Tick grew up on a ranch with sheep and cattle and has border collies of his own. thumbsup-1.gif

Praying so hard for Tikkle, was absolutely crushed so worried after reading Anna's second post, actually raced to the computer before going to sleep to see if any news on Tickle, and that's when I saw Anna's 2nd post about the blindness and possible brain damage. Luisa thanks so very much for updating us. And oh, lovely Tikkle, she can still see her owner just by the voice and yes, standing on her four feet in greeting that is so spectacular! What spirit, what determination, oh, this is such great news. I am continuing in prayers upon prayers for wonderful Tikkle. I am so hoping that it will be just a temporary blindness just as C Crocker says and that a full recovery will be just around the corner.

Anna, our hearts are with you every minute for your Tikkle and for every bit of miracle that we can get for your dear girl.

WHEW!!! Just got home from the hosp with BOTH my girls! They released Tikkle this evening--she does not have quite all of her vision back yet, but very close to it evidently. Her mobility is also almost 100%--if she goes around a corner quickly (she is, afterall, a 12 month old BC!), her leg might slide out from under her, but she is recovering by absolute leaps and bounds! Even the Drs. at this great hosp were astounded at the rapidity with which she continued to recover. When she was discharged, the Dr. remined me that 48 hours ago, she was dead. Her last EKG showed totally normal heart function. They anticipate a full recovery at this point--maybe days, or maybe a week or so. She is on restricted duty for 2 weeks, then they say she's good to go. She will be going on our road trip to Finals in Wyoming this Tuesday as originally planned, and Riddle's foxtail removal was routine and uneventful, thank God.

I can't tell you all how much all of your prayers, good energy, and support have meant to us. I know that they were instrumental in helping this tough little cookie have this truly miraculous recovery. These dogs are such a gift in our lives, and I am so thankful for every day that I have with each and every one of them in my life. But episodes like this make me appreciate them all the more. Thanks again to everyone!

Anna, Tikkle, and Riddle :rolleyes:

Anna, I'm so glad your lil' girl pulled through this horrific episode! Give her lots of hugs and kisses, and tell her they're from her friends from the BC boards (you'll probably get a confused tilted head reaction, so give her another kiss at that time :rolleyes: )

And please take & post some pictures of the recovering Tikkle, we all want to see her!

Yay!! I'm so happy for you and Tikkle. As I said before, she obviously has a tremendous spirit! Please do post pics of the little darling for us. Best wishes for her continued recovery, but it doesn't sound like she needs them. :rolleyes:

She's still improving, and we're getting ready for our road trip. Here are 2 pics taken earlier today. Right now she's running around the house with her stuffed cow toy squeaking it

Anna

Tikkle.jpg

Tikkle-1.jpg