BC Boards

What site do you order from?

so im just wondering what sites u order from, Pet sites that is. im just seeing whats the most popular and all. do u get most from stores or online? it could include anything for your dog, toys, food, training stuff anything.

i have used www.petco.com and thats the only thing so far

I've used kvvet.com (salmon oil and a harness), petcarerx.com (foot wax), ebay (boots). Everything else comes from petfood express (local chain). Hmm, this seems to suggest I spend a lot on my dog. :rolleyes: Shipping is expensive, especially when they have a free shipping if you spend some minimal amount. :D

I get collars (non-shocking variety) from gundogsupply.com. They have leather collars with flat rings (less to get tangled in the brush) with free brass ID plates for less than $5. I have also used KV Vet Supply mentioned above for heartworm meds and tick preventatives.

Whenever I can, I try to buy things locally. I'm fortunate to live in a place where we still have the option of buying from locally-owned family businesses, so when I can I do. I've never bought anything from Petsmart, for example. When one opened nearby, I went in and checked it out and found that the help knew next to nothing and the prices were, if anything, higher than they were at the local farm stores.

I usually order from PetEdge. Their prices are great for Frontline and toys. I have ordered from Petsmart before (things that were on clearance), but I prefer PetEdge over any. The only downfall to them is that you have to have a large order to make it worth ordering.

My on-line purchases are primarily from from CareALotPets.com and HunterK9.com. I may also use other sites (e.g., eBay) if I am looking for a specific item not stocked by the two sites I already cited; if I cannot find what I am looking for on eBay, I will use Google or Ask.com to locate probable sources.

I buy from PetEdge and Dog.com primarily for general dog things. I (on occasion) will also buy from JB Wholesale, Drs. Foster & Smith, or Jeffers Pet. I sometimes buy kibble at PetFoodDirect - if I get enough discount to make the shipping worthwhile. I buy tags (engraved to slip onto nylon collars... no danglies) at Boomerang Tag.

Whenever I can, I try to buy things locally. I'm fortunate to live in a place where we still have the option of buying from locally-owned family businesses, so when I can I do. I've never bought anything from Petsmart, for example. When one opened nearby, I went in and checked it out and found that the help knew next to nothing and the prices were, if anything, higher than they were at the local farm stores.

Amen to that! I do admit I've bought a very few things on occasion from PetsMart when I couldn't get them locally. Those big places (we have a Petco here and I won't buy anything there) are no bargain. The one small, family-owned dog/cat place ("Woof's") where I shop knows my name and my dogs, is active in rescue, is competitively priced with the big places, will hold stuff for me with a phone call, has knowledgeable people (and when they don't know the answer to something, they admit it and will try to find it out for you), and will get things in for you. And they don't sell animals, period.

I like fosters & smith. Usually If I order on line I wait until I have a bunch of stuff to order. I didn't realize about the S & H charges for the balls until I checked out. They got me on that one- LOL. But anything for me boy!

ill have to check a few of these sites out, i wish i had a local, the onlt place that has pet stuff here is walmart and the closest petco is 2 hours away, so it makes ordering a have to pretty much. I just ordered some bitter apple spray from a pet site, i just forgot where lol but ill have to check my email and let u know where at, it was the cheapest. only $4 then shipping.

Amen to that! I do admit I've bought a very few things on occasion from PetsMart when I couldn't get them locally. Those big places (we have a Petco here and I won't buy anything there) are no bargain. The one small, family-owned dog/cat place ("Woof's") where I shop knows my name and my dogs, is active in rescue, is competitively priced with the big places, will hold stuff for me with a phone call, has knowledgeable people (and when they don't know the answer to something, they admit it and will try to find it out for you), and will get things in for you. And they don't sell animals, period.

I wish we had a place like that around here! We have Petsmart, Pet Partners, and one small one, but none like you mentioned. You're very fortunate to have that. :rolleyes:

Dog.com

Ebay

OnlyNaturalPet.com

VetAmerica.com

HelpingUdders.com (you can identify a rescue to donate a % of your purchase to - feel free to donate to me! :rolleyes: )

CleanRun.com

AffordableAgility.com

There are more, but I'll have to think about it. :D

Helpingudders.com!

Great udder machine rubber "gaskets" on rope...Cody went nuts for them even before I took them out of the box and bag. He chews on them, flips them, plays tug with them, etc. Cody also LOVES the Bouncy Bone. It's a combination chew toy/ball that he has pretty much destroyed from overuse.

Great, friendly service, unique products, etc. Can't say enough good stuff.

I'll have to look on helpingudders.com. That looks like a cool site. I have one store that's owned locally and it's pretty good. Mostly horse feed but they're getting more dog stuff in. That where I get my dog food from. I shop at PetCo once in a while when I'm up in Casper, but its about an hour away. They don't have toys and all that but I love Border Collies in Action They have great BC stuff. I have gotten a leash, place mat, writing paper, stickers, caps, and my travel mug from there. They have awesome BC stuff.

Guest WoobiesMom

I've gotten books from Dogwise.com and Everlasting treats and a Click and Play from TripleCrownDogs.com and have had great experiences with both. I've always had goot experience with using Ebay buyers who have high numbers of transactions and good ratings.

I order the meds from 1800 pet meds. They match prices with competors if you can show them the site. Plus once you become a customer, they keep sending you $5 coupons that you can combine with other offers. I usually get free shipping with one heartworm med or frontline. Prescription process was much much easier than other places.

I buy toys and cute little things from walmart and Target, never from petsmart or petco. Too expensive for similar stuff. Target has a large section for dogs now.

I buy my dogs' collars from earthdog.com. Those are the only collars I buy. I buy tags from boomerangtags.com. I got my invisible fence from petstreetmall.com. I buy treats from threedogbakery.com. I get my frisbees from dtworld.com I have purchased from cleanrun.com and dog.com. There are a few others, but I get think of them right now.