BC Boards

I can't find the ball!!!

It is still dark in the mornings, and still dark early in the evenings, and Sophie is not content with just walking, but we have lost lots of balls. Surely someone knows of a ball that lights up when it is bounced, or something similar? I've thought this for years, do you know of any?

I have seen some before. Some are glow in the dark (Frisbees too!) other actually have lights in them....or the ones that make annoying noises... :rolleyes:

They may have been at PetsMart, but I am not sure, I will try to find those again.

I use one of the flashing ones. If you do a google search for flashing dog ball or similar a billion come up.

My only caution is that when you lose a $15.00 flashing ball it's WAY more frustrating when you lose a regular cheap ball.

RDM

Originally posted by Kat's Dogs:

That is true RDM.

You might be better off just getting This

hahaha! We actually dont ever play with tennis balls, only hockey balls. And so far we have not lost the flashing ball - had a scare once, but recovered it. I did lose several of the cheap ones from Old Navy though, as they didn't blink as long. I wised up and brought just one to the park after losing a few when my back was turned.

RDM

I'm surprised no one has suggested this. Your dog is perfectly capable of finding an unlit ball in the dark. You just have to show him how. Teach him to use his nose. It's really easy to teach "find it," and if there's a usual place where you always play ball, your dog should know the general area. We have some woods across the street from my house and my dogs will search for balls I've buried under several inches of leaves until they find them. They ain't usin' their eyes. Teach your dog what the game is and you'll not only never lose a ball again, you may find the ones you've already lost.

Originally posted by GeorgiaBC:

I'm surprised no one has suggested this. Your dog is perfectly capable of finding an unlit ball in the dark. You just have to show him how. Teach him to use his nose.

Quinn is great with his nose and has a firm policy of Leave No Toy Behind, but I still like to see where the ball is headed.

Then you have to work on focus with your dog! They've all got the nose for it :rolleyes: . It's not something they all do automatically, it needs to be trained.

Start by "hiding" the ball right out in the open and having her to find it. When that is going well, make it a little harder. If she wants to play with it, she'll catch on quick.