BC Boards

why the easter bunny wont be coming to my house.

Does this look like the face of a killer to you?

IMG_3217_KFCE.jpg

my sweet little innocent puppy kiiled a bunny rabbit this morning!! :rolleyes:

she must have thought it was a tennis ball or something. how do i tell my kids the dog killed the easter bunny?

Well, at least your puppy only killed one easter bunny. The other day my pack of five got into a nest of baby bunnies and... well... decided to come inside and throw them back up. ... One also decided it would be fun to run up to me and drop a severed baby bunny head at my feet. Thanks, Hanky. Just what I've always wanted. :rolleyes:

Guest LJS1993
Well, at least your puppy only killed one easter bunny. The other day my pack of five got into a nest of baby bunnies and... well... decided to come inside and throw them back up. ... One also decided it would be fun to run up to me and drop a severed baby bunny head at my feet. Thanks, Hanky. Just what I've always wanted. :rolleyes:

And what's the problem with a dead bunny or two? I mean, were they family pets or something? I say let the dog have fun.

LJS1993: I have to say, even if an animal is not a family pet, I am not thrilled to see them dead or tortured. Yes, it's nature's way of controlling population, but still... I couldn't EVER go hunting, I would totaly freak out to see an animal getting shot. Some have a tougher stomach than others... Fishing is ok, as long as I don't touch the fish or have to look too closely when the hook is being taken out of its mouth.

I cringe when a bird gets too close to my car when I drive. No, I wouldn't swerve to avoid a pigeon, and risk hurting myself, but I can't say I don't care, that they're like a bug you hit... Luckily I've never hit any animals with my car and neither has my husband.

There's a lot of nonchalance in the way you approach the subject...

Guest LJS1993
LJS1993: I have to say, even if an animal is not a family pet, I am not thrilled to see them dead or tortured. Yes, it's nature's way of controlling population, but still... I couldn't EVER go hunting, I would totaly freak out to see an animal getting shot. Some have a tougher stomach than others... Fishing is ok, as long as I don't touch the fish or have to look too closely when the hook is being taken out of its mouth.

I cringe when a bird gets too close to my car when I drive. No, I wouldn't swerve to avoid a pigeon, and risk hurting myself, but I can't say I don't care, that they're like a bug you hit... Luckily I've never hit any animals with my car and neither has my husband.

There's a lot of nonchalance in the way you approach the subject...

Don't get me wrong. I don't condone purposely releasing little cute bunnies for the purpose of hunting and killing them. However if I was to cringe everytime one of my eight ranch cats brought home a little bunny, mouse, squirrel, or other vermin I would be a nervous wreck. If my little BC brought me severed bugs bunny head, yes I would not condone that behavior, but at the same time I wouldn't be too worried about it.

As for my nonchalance in regards to this subject. I guess I have seen too many dead rats and rabbits in my time.

Ahha Hanky just wanted to share. :D

Round here Molly the Mauler and her cohorts had to contend with my interfering. They catch or kill and I if I can get to it in time rescue the critter. Last yr was the first time I almost rethought the practice. Molly caught a baby bunny and I got it free and shortly after a small bunny started invading my garden.

well thank god she didnt eat it, she was just playing with the poor bunny's cold lieless body, and when i went to see what she had done she grabbed it and tried to bring it to me so i could throw it for her. if she ate it that would have been petty gross. my last dog spent her whole life chasing critters but never caught one. Kaylee is one fast pup, poor bunnt didn't stand a chance, but on the bright side maybe the bunnies wont eat my garden tihs year.

I wouldn't think she looks like a killer, but thoses are the ones that always get you :rolleyes:

My Black Jack hasn't killed or caught a rabbit yet, mostly because I call him off of them before he gets to them. But he has found legs and what not from dead rabbits the cats have gotten. He tried to have me throw a back leg from an old rabbit once. There were no kisses for a day or two :D

My Faith is quite the mouser - she killed her first when she was only five months old, bless her little heart. Luckily for our bunnies, she has to be on lead when she's outside so she doesn't chase my horses. Otherwise, I'm sure we'd be missing a few bun-buns by now. :rolleyes:

We have two pet rabbits that run free in the yard and garden...the dogs don't bother them...but woe be unto the ground hogs. Red Dog killed one half his size last summer. And skunks....oh the smell! I think they all moved away from the farm. I've tried to get the dogs to accept cats by telling them "be nice to the bunny", they aren't buying that line.

If you find Santa with his throat torn apart, THEN you should really worry!

:D

LOL, funny, bad but funny :D

My Gus has really only killed flowers, and Mr Pepper, the jalapeno plant :rolleyes: He barks at the squirrels and the neighbor's cats but he is still just not coordinated enough to actually catch something. Maybe he will surprise me one day with a mouse on my pillow, but e seems content with just eating the flowers.

I hope Bandit never catches and kills an animal. I know it would bother me. Luckily on our walks when he chases after squirrels or rabits, he stop when I call him.

I could never go hunting.

I believe I will one day be a vegitarean. I pretty much just eat fish or chicken now.

Lance