BC Boards

Brown/white BC's listed on Poultry board - in OH

Someone has 2 liver/brown and white BC's listed for a friend on the Poultry buy/sell/trade board. They are free to good home(s). If interested go to: http://p072.ezboard.com/fbackyardchickensfrm12?page=1

topic is: OT in OH: 2 Border Collies Free to Good Home

Think one was 9 months old and good with kids; other was 2(?) and not good with kids. They're in OH. Wish I could take one, but already have 4.

Looks like a good deal for someone - especially since the browns are harder to find (if you're into color).

Any idea why the owner does not want the dogs to go to rescue despite the fact they are offered "free to a good home"? This seems pretty short sighted to me, as there are at least 3 good BC-specific rescues in Ohio that would likely be interested in placing these dogs, but only in screened, BC appropriate homes. If they are stock dogs, then it's even more important that they go to appropriately screened homes, so I think the owner may be misinformed about what rescues do??

You might want to post this on the BC rescue board as well (www.bcrescue.org) under the midwest adoptables section.