BC Boards

good idea to start a club??

so I was thinking about starting a like border collie club thing in my town, since there is really notihng in my town that deals with dogs. Everyone with Border Collies would get together and we could share how we trained or sometihng like htat, or play games, something like that, i dont know quite what to do or if it should be all dogs or what. Any Ideas? good Idea or bad? i just want to get something going in my town so my dog can meet other dogs and get use to them casue we have no dog park here or daycare or anything.

Aaron and Zipper

BORDER COLLIE

(theres a pic there just couldnt get it to show up on here)

CLUB

I’m thinking of starting up a Border Collie club/Group. We would get together someplace and talk about our dogs, play games with our dogs, maybe have contest, Have our dogs meet other Border Collies, it would be a big get together for us and our dogs to have fun. If you have any other ideas let me know.

Call me if you’re interested or if you would like to help.

Aaron Dobrinski 308-631-1962

Thats what im going to do, to see if enough people would like to come. thats my idea, how does it sound?

You may want to say that border collie mixes are welcome.

Also, at some point, be sure to tell people that aggressive and ill dogs, as well as bitches in heat, shouldn't be brought to any meetings, but that doesn't need to go on the flyer.

If I were doing the group I would also invite Australian Shepherds and Australian Cattle Dogs, because they tend to have the same playstyle as my Border Collie and I live in a small town with few border collies. On meetup.com they have some "active dog" groups that might also suit your needs.

I think it's a great idea. I have thought about starting something like that here, but not very many people want to go to stuff like that. Don't ask me why. All the dog people around town pretty stay to them selfs. I would love to go to something like that though. It would be fun. Good luck.

I would put something like,

"Border Collie Club"

Pic if you want

I am interested in starting a border collie/Aussie club for owners to get together to meet other owners, to let dogs play with each other, and for dogs to meet other dogs. If interested please call Aaron and Zipper at --- --- ----

Group will get together every Sunday (or Saturday)