what is the size range for border collie's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ms3t97

ms3t97

• Registered Users
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 07:46 PM

I have a female border collie who is 2 1/2 years old. She is full grown at 23 lbs. How common is this? The vet says that as far as he can tell she is full blooded, the only thing is her size.

I have a picture of her at Pictures of Latte' to show her size somewhat.

#2 muggs

muggs

• Registered Users
  • 671 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 03:54 AM

I'm by no means an expert but have known of several female border collies around that weight. A friend of mine has a blue merle female that is 24 pounds. I think they list around 24 to 55 pounds as typical. I've also known a full-blood male that was 60 pounds. She is a very pretty healthy looking girl!
Margaret
Gael and Loki
Levi ('87 - '05)

#3 Cheri McDonald

Cheri McDonald

Cheri

• Registered Users
  • 1,209 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, Camping, Fishing, Gardening

Posted 17 March 2005 - 10:43 AM

Working with the rescue group I have seen ALL sizes. I have one that is 35 lbs and one that is about 55 lbs. She is normal as far as I can tell.
Cheri & Her Fishing Border Collies

Rob Dog & Briar Rose & Buddy Dog

[url="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v513/FishinBC/?sc=3""]http://smg.photobuck.../FishinBC/?sc=3[/url]

Posted Image

"We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults. Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment."

#4 border_collie_crazy

border_collie_crazy

• Registered Users
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:09 PM

I have seen estimate ranges from 24lbs to 65lbs lol and 15" tall to 26" tall.

Shayna + Happy the BC, Paisley the Aussie, and Gem and Gyp the Heeler x's 

DSC_0066sm_zps340ac22d.jpg

and of course Prairie Clan Gerbils, Jenny and Peepers the bunnies, Toivo, Marley and Silver the 'tiels, Miami and Moriba the snakes and Creamsicle the Hamster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.