BC Boards

Board MOJO requested

jvw

My old gal has a ciliary body tumor in her eye. We've seen the opthamologist. He's aggressively treating the pressure and inflammation it is causing. We go back tomorrow to find out if the eye drops have worked enough to perform laser surgery on the tumor. I am opting to remove the eye if he cannot perform the laser surgery tomorrow.

She is 13 and has a heart murmur so either surgery carries some elevated risk. Please send some good mojo our way. I would love it if she can keep the eye. But at this point I just want her to get some relief and make it through safely.

Thank you in advance!

Thank you all! And Julie, thanks for the side for me. I'm totally stressed out. And it does not help that it is a long drive and the roads have been icy. I will certainly let everyone know tomorrow how it goes.

After her recheck I have opted for removal of the eye. Her eye pressure was not down enough for laser surgery today. We could have continued aggressive treatment in hopes of getting the pressure down making laser surgery possible. But when I found out there was a decent chance she could still lose the eye after laser surgery I had to call it. I just cannot justify putting my elderly gal through two surgeries. Nor can I afford it mentally or financially.

Now it is just a matter of waiting. They said she should be ready for discharge around 1:00. Please keep the mojo coming. Hopefully we are in the home stretch! Thank you all!

My friend's dog recently had an eye removed after being hit by a car. Her dog isn't quite as old as yours, but she's not young, either. Her dog was mopey for about a day, and was back to as normal as could be in a week. Only difference now is that the poor dog tends to get conked on the head with the ball- she doesn't seem to have figured out that she can't see out of one side of her head. Hopefully your old gal's recovery is just as speedy & uneventful.

Thank you all. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm assuming no news is good news. I'm totally not worried about her missing an eye. She won't care as long as it does not interfere with her eating! And at this point I think she will be relieved to have the discomfort gone.