So anyway, while surfing the web and seeing something close to what I wanted for $60, I thought, 'What the heck am I doing? Certainly I could make my own."
So I planned it and ran to the store and purchase $20 worth of wood and liquid nails. I luckily have a lot of scrap wood (in case I made mistakes) and all the basic tools to make this.
Now, I wasn't sure how well this going to go over with my dogs and so I didn't spend a great amount of time making it look pretty to have them ignore it.
Anyway this is what I came up with
I made a few mistakes that if I make it again I would avoid... such as elevated lids.
What I think is great about this, is I can continue to add little challenges fairly easy and fairly cheap: hinges, latches, etc.
Dang though, did I wish I had a table saw/band saw for this.
Here's Tuesday and Nick trying the puzzle.
Tuesday didn't have a problem. Although she did drag it around for a moment there when the lid didn't come up, and here I thought I made a stationary puzzle. I may add handles for me to pick it up as well as something to keep it from sliding.
This is actually the second video of Nick. The first time he smelled it and then walked out the room. So I added ham to a few of the compartments... he just didn't seem to get it really though. I turned of the camera but a half hour later he only got into a few more. *shrugs* I guess we'll try again tonight if he wants to eat dinner.