• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dEng

dEng

• Registered Users
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:49 AM

Hello!
Just wanted to share a picture with everybody. It's from last week, but he hasn't changed much since haha.

Mack turns 8 months tomorrow ^_^

Posted Image

His ears take turns sticking up, but they're down most of the time. Lopsided ears are the cutest.
I brush him everyday (and he tries to steal it and hide it somewhere everyday), but I'm still curious to why his coat hasn't grown longer yet. It's not very cold in this area of California so I'm not too worried about it yet.

I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas.

#2 Gloria Atwater

Gloria Atwater

Talksalot

• Registered Users
  • 1,812 posts
  • Interests:Sheepdogging!

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

He's a smooth coat, he doesn't have a longer coat to grow. :) When he matures, he may get a bit more ruff around his neck, but he just looks like a very handsome smoothie! Lovely boy - I'm a sucker for a tri-color.

Thanks for sharing him!

~ Gloria
(Mom to 2 smooth-coated BCs)
You ask of my companions. Hills, sir, and the sundown, and a dog as large as myself that my father bought me. They are better than human beings, because they know but do not tell. ~ Emily Dickinson

To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace. ~ Milan Kundera

#3 Sue R

Sue R

Bark less, wag more

• Registered Users
  • 11,199 posts
  • Interests:Stockdogs, horses, chocolate

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:38 AM

Welcome!

Gloria said it - he's a handsome tri-color smooth-coat. Smooth-coats are easy to maintain, don't tend to gather burrs or get matted, and are well-suited to a warm, sunny climate.

Enjoy!
Sue Rayburn - Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult, but not the brightest firefly in the jar.

Celt, Megan, and Dan

"When the chips are down, watch where you step."

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything." - author unknown

#4 dEng

dEng

• Registered Users
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

Ah.. thank you Gloria and Sue!
I've had a rough coat BC before Mack, so I was getting a little worried because the previous one grew out like weeds :P
Pretty amazing that there's still much I don't know about BCs even though I've had one before haha.
I'll share more pictures soon!

#5 PSmitty

PSmitty

Socially awkward nonsense babbler

• Registered Users
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

A smooth tri, my favorite! :wub: He's very handsome.
Paula
Lilly, Jack, Alex & Will

#6 Liz P

Liz P

optimistic realist

• Registered Users
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

Yes, love your smoothie! They are SO much easier to keep clean and almost never get stuff caught in their fur. I am trying my best to transition to all smooth coats because I am tired of picking out burrs.

Posted Image
Dangerous Dreams Farm

#7 ShoresDog

ShoresDog

• Registered Users
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

Welcome aboard! Mack is a cutie. I'm a California resident, owner of two border collies, one smooth-coated and one rough-coated. I love them both, but the smooth coat sure works better around here. The g*d-d**ned foxtails love the rough coat and cause many more problems for her.

Jan & Daisy & Juno & Star
LJ Shores, San Diego CA

SHORESLIFEPHOTO

#8 dEng

dEng

• Registered Users
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

Must share puppy pictures XD

Snooze-fest after a long flight from the East Coast.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Our other puppy, Joey (who had stolen my seat -_-), Mack's little brother :)
They were about 4 months old in this picture.
Posted Image

#9 Gloria Atwater

Gloria Atwater

Talksalot

• Registered Users
  • 1,812 posts
  • Interests:Sheepdogging!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:10 AM

Ah.. thank you Gloria and Sue!
I've had a rough coat BC before Mack, so I was getting a little worried because the previous one grew out like weeds :P
Pretty amazing that there's still much I don't know about BCs even though I've had one before haha.
I'll share more pictures soon!

Oh, border collies come in all sorts of coat types! The roughs can go from HUMONGOUS coats to just mildly fuzzy - my old man, Jesse, is a rough coat but his is a very moderate and only his bum and tail get real fluff. My first BC, Rose, was a wee little dog of maybe 30 pounds, but her coat was VERY thick and fluffy! She collected every burr, sticker and tumbleweed within miles. :P

My current two youngsters are brother and sister, same way bred but different litters. Both are smooth-coats, but Nick's is very dense and in the spring, I comb some pretty thick "wool" out of his butt and ruff. Sister Gael's coat is meanwhile pretty hard and sparse, and mud just falls off her in an instant. :)

If my photo link works, here's a recent photo of my two, just click to see full sized:
Posted Image

~ Gloria
You ask of my companions. Hills, sir, and the sundown, and a dog as large as myself that my father bought me. They are better than human beings, because they know but do not tell. ~ Emily Dickinson

To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace. ~ Milan Kundera

#10 dEng

dEng

• Registered Users
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

hello! just wanted to share a recent picture of when we were playing frisbee a few days ago ^_^

Mack taking a water break..
Posted Image
haha!

#11 Smalahundur

Smalahundur

• Registered Users
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

Cute puppy.
Yeah, smooth coats are great, I always thought I liked the rough look best, but my Gláma firmly won me over into the smooth camp.

"Milli manns og hests og hunds hangir leyniþráður"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, ©2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.