• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BrittanyS

BrittanyS

• Registered Users
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Agility.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:43 AM

What are the prices of agility Fun Matches in your area?

I got an email this morning from my local club (CA) where the price is $25 for an upcoming match...

Red is the new black!

#2 SecretBC

SecretBC

• Registered Users
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Agility!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:18 PM

Is it an AKC B-match? In those cases you typically do see the same fees as a regular trial. And, well, AKC trials do charge insane per-run fees.

I've seen fun-runs and matches in this area charge anything from $5 to $10 per run. Usually $5.
Karissa
V-NATCH2/NATCH3 Luke -- Superior Elite Versatility, O-HP-E, 2500+ Lifetime
Kaiser (UWP GRCH'PR' Alasco's Kvichak) -- Elite Vers., O-EAC, S-EJC, O-ECC, TN-E, TG-E, O-WV-E, HP-N, 1000+ Lifetime, TIAD, TG2, UKC Total Dog (3!)
Secret -- Elite Vers., O-EAC, O-EJC, ECC, TG-E, TN-E, WV-E, HP-N, 1000+ Lifetime, PD, SPS, SPG, SPJ
Visit My Blog!
Visit my YouTube channel!

#3 BrittanyS

BrittanyS

• Registered Users
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Agility.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

No, I don't do AKC...I don't believe this is sanctioned. Just my local club opening up the field.

I thought it was ridiculously priced, and it's only from 10am-2pm. I highly doubt I can get my money's worth.

Red is the new black!

#4 Beach BCs

Beach BCs

Life's A Beach!

• Registered Users
  • 741 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

Fun Runs in my around here are usually around $5.00 a run or $20 a day, no limit on the amount of times you run.
Kate

Georgia, Texas & Faith

#5 alligande

alligande

• Registered Users
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

I have never had the opportunity to do a fun match but my club rents a training facilities field a few times a season for 4 hours, they set a couple of nested courses but you can do what you want. The cost used to be $5.00 per dog for members and $8 for non, this year it will be free to members and $10 per dog for non members you usually get 3 maybe 4 runs.

#6 Frogs & Dogs

Frogs & Dogs

• Registered Users
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

If it's just an open field (or facility) where you can run, I'd say $25 is steep.

I pay $5 for use of a barn facility with tons of equipment for as long as I want to play. Sometimes there are other people there and we take turns, sometimes I'm alone. The $5 per handler mostly goes towards paying for electricity and maintenance of the surface (dirt/sawdust). If someone hosts a fun match at that facility (happens somewhat frequently), everyone pays the $5 barn use fee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.