• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 SS Cressa

SS Cressa

• Registered Users
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Dog agility, trick training, hiking, biking, camping, herding

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:19 PM

Not sure if anyone can help... or if It belongs here.

At my last show I saw an agility slip leash I really like. I talk with the
person who had it and she gave me the makers website but I lost the website
info. I was hoping to get Cressa a new agility leash for her birthday(March 5th)
and for nationals.

It was a braided pink/black/white slip leash with pink and white skulls and
crossbones on a black collar with fur. (at least that what I remember) it look
like a Martingale Dog Walker type agility leash. Do you know anyone that sell
these type of leashes. The lady said it came in any size, and color.

If you think you know what leash I am talking about could you send the link to
me or something? I've been looking for it and have yet found it.

Stella S.

(5H)MACH 2 Cresent Moon MXF, 2011 PGP Nat' CH (Handle by Denise Thomas), 2011 Speed Jumpers 5th placed finalist (Handle by Denise Thomas). ~Thanks to Denise Thomas for handling Cressa so well at agility nationals and when I wasn't able to.

5H Hunter Moon

#2 SS Cressa

SS Cressa

• Registered Users
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Dog agility, trick training, hiking, biking, camping, herding

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

Never mind found what I was looking for.

http://www.kollarsbykathryn.com/

Stella S.

(5H)MACH 2 Cresent Moon MXF, 2011 PGP Nat' CH (Handle by Denise Thomas), 2011 Speed Jumpers 5th placed finalist (Handle by Denise Thomas). ~Thanks to Denise Thomas for handling Cressa so well at agility nationals and when I wasn't able to.

5H Hunter Moon

#3 Rave

Rave

• Registered Users
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:24 PM

You can also check out http://www.fourpawfun.com/

#4 ShoresDog

ShoresDog

• Registered Users
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:14 AM

Very nice, but "prices start at $27" -- !!! :rolleyes:

Then there's us. I made this leash for Juno the other day. Clearly it's primitive, but it took less than 10 minutes total.

Posted Image

I used a piece of fleece that had been sitting in my closet for a couple years, can't even recall why I have it (I sew, so there are lots of things like that in my closet!). Juno looooves it, and even Daisy loves it and will tug-of-war with Juno on it, and Daisy never condescends to tug with Juno. So I decided to make some "real" ones, with Martingales. I bought some more fleece, some webbing, some D-rings, and thread. Total materials cost for each collar = $3.30. I'll post pictures of them soon, after I take my Italian class final exam tomorrow. If anyone likes how they look, I'll post do-it-yourself directions.

Jan & Daisy & Juno & Star
LJ Shores, San Diego CA

SHORESLIFEPHOTO

#5 ziggzmom

ziggzmom

• Registered Users
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:05 AM

Another place to look is dog dreams toys....I have several of her leashes and toys and my guys love them=)

Janet

#6 PSmitty

PSmitty

Socially awkward nonsense babbler

• Registered Users
  • 9,049 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:17 AM

Kathryn makes really nice stuff. She's at just about every agility trial I go to, and I keep meaning to get something!
Paula
Lilly, Jack, Alex & Will

#7 WildFlower

WildFlower

Sheep dog handler in training.

• Registered Users
  • 1,742 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, stock work, chickens, gardening, photography

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:34 AM

My friend makes the braided leashes for agility - she doesn't do the collars or the fur stuff, though. And hers are not just felt but rope and felt. I am not an agility person per se, but I love her leashes. The clasps are removable and the leashes are totally machine washable. I think hers are more in the $15 - $20 range.

Vicki

Border Collies: Daisy, Devon, & Teak
Kitties: Merry Cat & Mr. Magoo

Chickens: Dixie, Fran, Mabel, and Hattie

"Border Collie is my co-pilot"
IMG_6789-1.jpgDSCN1755-1.jpgth_IMAG0155.jpg

Midwest Border Collie Rescue

#8 IPSY

IPSY

• Registered Users
  • 665 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:00 PM

cleanrun.com or max200 has a great selection !

#9 ness_bc

ness_bc

• Registered Users
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:09 AM

Ok guys I am getting each of mine something from Kathryn's website - the thing I can't decide on is if I get them a standard clip collar and a tug lead to go with it or get a combo collar. What are people's views. I usually run my older girl in a collar but I intend on running the youngster without a collar in the ring. She is also a tug freak and we get disqualified if the dog leaves the ring without being on-lead and being a bit spooky I'd prefer whatever I can get on and off with the minimum of fuss.

Any thoughts?

NessandKenzie3.jpg
Winpara Dream Chaser CD DWDF.S JD RA and Lochness CDX ADM JDM ADO JDO SPD GD SD RN TD

#10 Jumpin Boots

Jumpin Boots

• Registered Users
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Farming, sheep, gardening, agility, reining

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

Ok guys I am getting each of mine something from Kathryn's website - the thing I can't decide on is if I get them a standard clip collar and a tug lead to go with it or get a combo collar. What are people's views. I usually run my older girl in a collar but I intend on running the youngster without a collar in the ring. She is also a tug freak and we get disqualified if the dog leaves the ring without being on-lead and being a bit spooky I'd prefer whatever I can get on and off with the minimum of fuss.

Any thoughts?

The association I run w/ in the states, and I believe most of them, require your dog to run naked; interesting that it's different down there. And in Nadac you are not allowed to leave the ring w/ your dog tugging, must be under control, leashed, play can begin when you're 10-15 feet away from the ring. So my choice was pretty easy I went for a slip collar w/ standard leash so the temptation of tug wasn't in the ring. But as far as a using a standard collar or slip collar I see lots of people using standard collars and it doesn't seem to cause any issues. The slip collar combo has come in handy several times in loose dog situations w/ our fosters, I have several from 4pawfun and they are awesome :rolleyes:

#11 ness_bc

ness_bc

• Registered Users
  • 332 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:45 AM

We only have the option of ANKC (your equivalent of AKC) and your given the option of a collar on or collar off. ADAA exists in some states and that is obviously collar off.

NessandKenzie3.jpg
Winpara Dream Chaser CD DWDF.S JD RA and Lochness CDX ADM JDM ADO JDO SPD GD SD RN TD

#12 mum24dog

mum24dog

• Registered Users
  • 1,806 posts
  • Interests:Agility.<br />Clicker training.

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:05 AM

The association I run w/ in the states, and I believe most of them, require your dog to run naked; interesting that it's different down there.

It used to be no collars here in the UK but now flat collars are allowed.

Pam

#13 Jumpin Boots

Jumpin Boots

• Registered Users
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:57 PM

We only have the option of ANKC (your equivalent of AKC) and your given the option of a collar on or collar off. ADAA exists in some states and that is obviously collar off.

NADAC is in Victoria, Australia.
Go to nadac.com and look up under the calendar.

#14 ness_bc

ness_bc

• Registered Users
  • 332 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:47 PM

Oh yeah forgot there was NADAC offered in Victoria - think they are the only state to do so. We just have ANKC in South Australia.

NessandKenzie3.jpg

#15 Jumpin Boots

Jumpin Boots

• Registered Users
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

That's a bummer, hopefully someday NADAC spreads across Austalia, it's a really fun, fast association.

#16 ness_bc

ness_bc

• Registered Users
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:56 PM

Can a couple of people do me a huge favour. I have been trying to measure my two for their slip leads so I can get the collar size correct - when I contacted the women who makes them she tells me 14" is usually standard for a BC. Well I have measured both of mine at least twice and think 14" is way to tight. I would get closer to 16". Neither of my BCs are big girls and in fact far from it. My youngster is very small as BCs go.

I was just wondering if somebody could measure a few dogs and let me know what they come up with and whether my measurement is that far off.

NessandKenzie3.jpg

#17 moabams

moabams

• Registered Users
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

My boy is 13" and my girl is 14". She looks smaller than he does, though, so I re-measured several times, much to her annoyance.

#18 ness_bc

ness_bc

• Registered Users
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:28 AM

Interesting - I think after the women sent me a photo that I might be ok after all and might have been mismeasuring. Thanks for the feedback though I was going batty with it.

NessandKenzie3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.