Aled Owen and Roy: World Trial`s final-run videos

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CleverColliesDeb.

CleverColliesDeb.

• Registered Users
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:32 PM

Here`s links to two video`s of my friend and neighbor; Aled Owen, winning the 2008 World Sheepdog Trials (Llandeilo, Wales, U.K) with the handsome, stylish and talented 'Roy' (ISDS 266416)...we are so-very proud for them. :rolleyes:

Aled Owen and Roy SemiFinals run video #1

Aled Owen and Roy Trial-winning run video #2

#2 C Crocker

C Crocker

• Registered Users
  • 384 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:18 PM

Here`s links to two video`s of my friend and neighbor; Aled Owen, winning the 2008 World Sheepdog Trials (Llandeilo, Wales, U.K) with the handsome, stylish and talented 'Roy' (ISDS 266416)...we are so-very proud for them. :rolleyes:

Aled Owen and Roy winning run video #1

Aled Owen and Roy winning run video #2

Hi Deb,

I'd love to see the videos but unfortunately I have dial up here in the country so can't see anything that "moves" on the computer.

Do you know if the ISDS will have a dvd of the World trial that we can purchase like they do the Natl's and Internatl's? I have the dvd from the 07 Internat'l and would love to have one from this World's trial.

Carolyn

#3 Little Bo Boop

Little Bo Boop

• Registered Users
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:48 PM

OMG that was Fantastical!!!!! Thank you so much for posting it! Wow! Just WOW! : -)
Posted Image

#4 CleverColliesDeb.

CleverColliesDeb.

• Registered Users
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:50 PM

Hi Deb,

I'd love to see the videos but unfortunately I have dial up here in the country so can't see anything that "moves" on the computer.

Do you know if the ISDS will have a dvd of the World trial that we can purchase like they do the Natl's and Internatl's? I have the dvd from the 07 Internat'l and would love to have one from this World's trial.
Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,
I believe the ISDS will be releasing the 2008 World Trials on DVD in due course; also, the ISDS were making video of individual runs and gifting them to the competitors, which was a very nice gesture for entrants to treasure.

For viewers in the U.K: Sky satellite Tv. on channel 134; 'Ffermio' offers viewers (or International viewers able to sight the Astra 'bird') the "World Trials 2008 Special" which will be featured on the S4C Welsh Language Tv. channel (S4C Digidol) being screened next Tuesday at 14.00 BST
S4C ffermio Programme

#5 Sue R

Sue R

Bark less, wag more

• Registered Users
  • 12,596 posts
  • Interests:Stockdogs, horses, chocolate

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:54 PM

Thank you in advance, Deb, for posting these. It will take a little while for my connection to complete the download and watching it while it is downloading is like trying to walk with one leg attached to someone else who is not walking in step with me!
Sue Rayburn - Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult, but not the brightest firefly in the jar.

Celt, Megan, and Dan

"When the chips are down, watch where you step."

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything." - author unknown

#6 Krisztina

Krisztina

• Registered Users
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:48 PM

Thank you in advance, Deb, for posting these. It will take a little while for my connection to complete the download and watching it while it is downloading is like trying to walk with one leg attached to someone else who is not walking in step with me!

http://ffermio.tv/en...nteresting-runs

they will also be adding video of all the runs ,semi-final and finals,onto their website

k.

#7 Chesney's Girl

Chesney's Girl

Stockdogs Apprentice

• Registered Users
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

Wow, What a run! *goes out to practice* I have beyond this life time of work to do!

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out -
Robert Collier
The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear - Socrates

OutRun Life Photography
Flickr Pictures

Danielle, Chesney, Moss and Tucker
3961552170_e568648000_m.jpg

#8 MickeyDogs

MickeyDogs

Not quite out to pasture, but can't wait!!

• Registered Users
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:13 PM

L-O-V-E-R-L-Y!!! Poetry in motion! So very obviously a well matched team!!!

Proud indeed!

Thanks for posting these. Gotta bookmark them for repeated viewing!
Deb & the critters

#9 stockdogranch

stockdogranch

Cowgirl in the sand

• Registered Users
  • 2,147 posts
  • Interests:Training stockdogs (duh), particularly for everyday, practical work. I trial my dogs on cattle when time and money permit. I published Working With a Stockdog in 2009 (Outrun Press), and am working on ideas for a second book...

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

Fun to watch!! Thanks for posting these. And the sheep are really fat and gorgeous, too,

A
"Life's too short to work bad dogs."
www.stockdogranch.com

#10 PSmitty

PSmitty

• Registered Users
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:50 PM

Amazing! Thank you for sharing.

Paula
Lilly, Jack, Alex , Will & Slider

#11 KathyF

KathyF

• Registered Users
  • 639 posts
  • Interests:Herding, Border Collies, Trialing, training dogs, sheep

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:36 PM

Wow. He sure made it look easy doing the international shed. That had to be one of the smoothest ones ever done. Thanks so much for sharing the links.

Kathy

#12 Lizmo

Lizmo

• Registered Users
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Dog training and Photography

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:04 PM

L-O-V-E-R-L-Y!!! Poetry in motion! So very obviously a well matched team!!!

Definitely. Wow. That is a GREAT team/team work right there!

#13 Peejy

Peejy

• Registered Users
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Working the 2 girls (Brynn & Floss), Photography, Reading, Writing, Researching working BC bloodlines, Farming, Sheep, Graphic design...

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:59 AM

That was fabulous to watch! Thanks so much for posting that Deb :rolleyes:
Such amazing team work, would have been awesome to see them compete in real-life!
--Maddy

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.