Border Collie's in Pittsburgh, PA

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_maya's mom_*

Guest_maya's mom_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am a relatively new user to this site, but have enjoyed it very much so far. Just curious if there was anyone out there from the Pittsburgh, PA region. I have tried locating local Border Collie groups, etc, but have been unable to find any. I have a 6 month old BC, and would love to be able to get together with other BC's of all ages, to play and learn! If there is anyone out there, or if you know of something in the area, please let me know. Thanks!

#2 Root Beer

Root Beer

It's a Dean Dog Adventure!

• Registered Users
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:09 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am a relatively new user to this site, but have enjoyed it very much so far. Just curious if there was anyone out there from the Pittsburgh, PA region. I have tried locating local Border Collie groups, etc, but have been unable to find any. I have a 6 month old BC, and would love to be able to get together with other BC's of all ages, to play and learn! If there is anyone out there, or if you know of something in the area, please let me know. Thanks!

I've been thinking of trying to start one, but I'm in the Harrisburg area. I guess that would be too far for you.

Kristine
And Dean Dog, Tessa, and the Bandit
In Memory:  Sammie, Speedy, and Maddie

Tessa's Training Blog - Our Training and Experiences in Musical Freestyle, Agility, and Rally FrEe

Tessa+Snooker.JPG

#3 Guest_maya's mom_*

Guest_maya's mom_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:11 PM

I've been thinking of trying to start one, but I'm in the Harrisburg area. I guess that would be too far for you.

Yes, that would be too far, but if you are ever in the Pittsburgh area, let me know! Goodluck with your group!

#4 skyler08

skyler08

• Registered Users
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:07 PM

I was wondering the same thing, seems to be nothing up my way either. I'm an hour and a half north of pittsburgh.

#5 Jemma

Jemma

• Registered Users
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:outdoors

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

Hello-

I have a 10 month old border collie named Jemma.

I am looking to connect with other Pittsburgh bc owners. Please respond

perri5@comcast.net

#6 burdock

burdock

• Registered Users
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Wife and kids, our animals

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

Emma and I are also in the Scranton Pa area we go to many trail in our area but do not meet many BC's in our area.

#7 Mdaniels

Mdaniels

• Registered Users
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

I was wondering the same thing, seems to be nothing up my way either. I'm an hour and a half north of pittsburgh.

Not sure where you are in NW PA, but there are a lot of border colllie and aussie people at Countryside Agility. They train all breeds, but seems to be a fair share of these guys there. Someone there may be able to connect you. Located in Edinboro.

#8 janice anne

janice anne

• Registered Users
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:hiking, backpacking, nature.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

I'm in Pittsburgh! I have had my puppy for about a month now. Zeke is 3 months old and the cutest little red and white. Would love to meet up! We live in Greenfield and walk in Schenley Park alot. I also have some acres, an hour east of Pittsburgh, near Donegal if anyone is out that way too.

#9 beachdogz

beachdogz

• Registered Users
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

I'm close to the Pittsburgh area...and even closer to Donegal. In Pittsburgh, it seems Splash and Dash in Monroeville has some BC people and attracts others. They do obedience and performance sports. I've never been, but a woman in my Agility class just told me last night she used to go there. I don't know of any clubs.
"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely, the world will be changed for that one dog"

Posted Image

Kylie Rusty Stormy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.