Herding on Long Island

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LRB

LRB

• Registered Users
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

Several of us have formed a group that keeps five sheep on eastern Long Island (off of Exit 67 of the LIE). We are looking for more people to help share the expenses, etc. - in return you will have access to the sheep to work your dog. If you are interested or want more information please let me know. Lessons are also available.

#2 bunny

bunny

• Registered Users
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

Several of us have formed a group that keeps five sheep on eastern Long Island (off of Exit 67 of the LIE). We are looking for more people to help share the expenses, etc. - in return you will have access to the sheep to work your dog. If you are interested or want more information please let me know. Lessons are also available.

I realize that this was posted more than a year ago - but I will be driving east this summer from California, staying in Jamesport - I would be interested in a lesson. I have a 4 year old female aussie (She's Bunny) - we've been taking lessons for about a year (HT both legs) with Robin Elliott (On the Lamb - Border Collies).

Thanks,
Pat P

#3 Sue R

Sue R

Bark less, wag more

• Registered Users
  • 11,077 posts
  • Interests:Stockdogs, horses, chocolate

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

Pat P - Welcome! I sent you a PM with some information you might find useful. No offense meant in any of it.
Sue Rayburn - Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult, but not the brightest firefly in the jar.

Celt, Megan, and Dan

"When the chips are down, watch where you step."

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything." - author unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.