• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dixie_Girl

Dixie_Girl

It's 5:00 somewhere!

• Registered Users
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:12 PM

Anyone here that can read and translate German, could you please tell me what "Das doppelte lottchen" means? Thanks, appreciate it!
Jackson-My boy
Skip-The delinquent
Cheyenne-My baby girl, RIP
Holly-She did the best she could, RIP
Sammy-Cat, extraordinaire, RIP

#2 MaggieDog

MaggieDog

• Registered Users
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:dogs (behavior, training, you name it), hiking/the outdoors, reading, rollerblading

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

My fiance is taking German right now and this is what he said:

Translation is 'the double Lottie' - something referring to a novel. Apparently it is about two girls who have never met before at a summer camp who find out that they are twins. Lottchen would be sort of like 'little Lottie'.
Erin
Ziva: 4 yo Corgi mix, agility dog!
Kestrel: 2 yo Cattle Dog (mix?), schutzhund and agility dog in training
Aerten: Malinois puppy, schutzhund dog in training

Maggie Mae, always in our hearts <3

Posted Image

"To me, every hour of the light and dark is a miracle. Every cubic inch of space is a miracle." - Walt Whitman

#3 Dixie_Girl

Dixie_Girl

• Registered Users
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

Thanks! That would make sense! I was watching the original movie, "The parent trap" and at the beginning of the movie said it was based on the novel, "Das doppelte lottchen". Thanks Erin!
Jackson-My boy
Skip-The delinquent

#4 MaggieDog

MaggieDog

• Registered Users
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:dogs (behavior, training, you name it), hiking/the outdoors, reading, rollerblading

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:03 PM

No problemo! :rolleyes:
Erin
Ziva: 4 yo Corgi mix, agility dog!
Kestrel: 2 yo Cattle Dog (mix?), schutzhund and agility dog in training
Aerten: Malinois puppy, schutzhund dog in training

Maggie Mae, always in our hearts <3

Posted Image

"To me, every hour of the light and dark is a miracle. Every cubic inch of space is a miracle." - Walt Whitman

#5 Anda

Anda

One of a kind! :)

• Registered Users
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

I read that book growing up! The mom's name was Liselotte, and the girls were Lisa and Lotti! It's very similar to that movie they made a few years back, with Lindsey Lohan playing twin sisters. ETA - it was called "The Parent Trap"

ETA - here's a link from Wikipedia about this http://en.wikipedia....Lottie_and_Lisa

#6 painted_ponies

painted_ponies

• Registered Users
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:45 PM

I read that book growing up! The mom's name was Liselotte, and the girls were Lisa and Lotti! It's very similar to that movie they made a few years back, with Lindsey Lohan playing twin sisters. ETA - it was called "The Parent Trap"

Really? They re-made "The Parent Trap" with Lindsey Lohan? I remember the first one with Hayley Mills playing the twins - one had been raised in England and the other in the US. Did Lindsay do different accents for each sister, or did they have some other device to distinguish them?

Linda - I had no idea it was a book originally. I learn something new all the time around here. :rolleyes:
Sally
First Light Farm
Duford, South Carolina

#7 Anda

Anda

One of a kind! :)

• Registered Users
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

Really? They re-made "The Parent Trap" with Lindsey Lohan? I remember the first one with Hayley Mills playing the twins - one had been raised in England and the other in the US. Did Lindsay do different accents for each sister, or did they have some other device to distinguish them?

Linda - I had no idea it was a book originally. I learn something new all the time around here. :rolleyes:

Yup - here's the link to the 1998 version of Parent Trap.

#8 Dixie_Girl

Dixie_Girl

• Registered Users
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:11 PM

The original with Haley Mills, Maureen O'hara and Brian Keith, one twin was raised in Boston, the other in Monterey CA. The one with Lindsay Lohan, one was raised in England and the other in the Napa Valley of CA.

Bit of trivia, in the original with Haley Mills, the woman who played the gal fixing to marry the dad, played the mother of the gal fixing to marry the dad in the Lindsay Lohan version.
Jackson-My boy
Skip-The delinquent

#9 Jim2000

Jim2000

• Registered Users
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:08 PM

Lindsey did different accents.
Posted Image
“You can say any foolish thing to do to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'”

#10 Ms.DaisyDuke

Ms.DaisyDuke

• Registered Users
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:17 AM

haha, I LOVED the Haley Mills version when I was growing up!!! AND I actually think there was another one inbetween that and the Lindsay Lohan one...but I think it had a different name but was a VERY similar story line...with triplets maybe...or was that a sequel?

#11 vickim

vickim

• Registered Users
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:Horses, dogs, reading, quilting, latch-hooking, crocheting, cross-stitching, knitting, sewing, jigsaw puzzles

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:40 AM

I think there were three sequels to the Hayley Mills Parent trap--or maybe just two...and the last one did feature triplets. Interestingly, she played the part of a twin (in keeping with the orginal storyline), and she could tell the triplets apart, even when they were trying to fool people into thinking they were another sister.
You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us. --Robert Louis Stevenson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, ©2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.