Meeker Semis

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stockdogranch

stockdogranch

Cowgirl in the sand

• Registered Users
  • 2,147 posts
  • Interests:Training stockdogs (duh), particularly for everyday, practical work. I trial my dogs on cattle when time and money permit. I published Working With a Stockdog in 2009 (Outrun Press), and am working on ideas for a second book...

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:30 PM

Just checked scores again, and Pippa has a 93!! She is SOOOOOOO cool!
Anna
"Life's too short to work bad dogs."
www.stockdogranch.com

#2 Little Bo Boop

Little Bo Boop

• Registered Users
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:50 PM

I know! I saw that too. Isn't she just amazing. Too bad I didn't pick her in my Fantasy dog trial :rolleyes: I went with Bev and Bill, But I did have Alison and Jim as one of my picks so that should help my overall average LOL
Posted Image

#3 amc

amc

• Registered Users
  • 726 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:16 PM

I went with Bev and Bill

Good call. They ran a 94 to win the day!
Amy Coapman
Montague, in the State of Jefferson

#4 Sue R

Sue R

Bark less, wag more

• Registered Users
  • 12,778 posts
  • Interests:Stockdogs, horses, chocolate

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:45 AM

I am not positive, but I think Elizabeth Baker is a member of these boards. She and Rye have qualified and are running in the final round today.

Best wishes to both of them!
Sue Rayburn - Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult, but not the brightest firefly in the jar.

Celt, Megan, and Dan

"When the chips are down, watch where you step."

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything." - author unknown

#5 amc

amc

• Registered Users
  • 726 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:24 AM

Yes, Elizabeth is a member; her handle is workindogs. She drew up first in the running order so will set the standard! It's not her first trip to the Meeker final day with Rye, so hopefully they'll have good luck!

Of personal interest to me is Alberto Stern and Tweed, from Switzerland. Alberto is a very good friend of our veterinarian. He had heard about Soldier Hollow and Meeker through the international Working Sheepdog News and was asking our vet about the trials last year. Of course John (our vet) thought of us and referred Alberto to us. I was able to help him through the application processes (he and Tweed won the Swiss Open and the Dutch Open in 2007 so were great candidates for a Soldier Hollow invite) and now I'm thrilled to see they made it to Sunday at Meeker!

I was just at the vet's on Friday and he had spoken to Alberto before Meeker started; Alberto was apparently very impressed with the difficulty of our western range ewes! "Nothing like our nice little sheep at home", he said.

Good luck to all today's competitors!
Amy Coapman
Montague, in the State of Jefferson

#6 Sue R

Sue R

Bark less, wag more

• Registered Users
  • 12,778 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:07 AM

I wish there could be more handlers from overseas (in both directions) competing in trials on both sides of the pond (world). That would be another level of something special to see.
Sue Rayburn - Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult, but not the brightest firefly in the jar.

Celt, Megan, and Dan

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything." - author unknown

#7 Sue R

Sue R

Bark less, wag more

• Registered Users
  • 12,778 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:16 PM

As of 11:30 am (Mountain time) Tommy Wilson is leading with 157 out of 170 and the only handler to finish the course at that time.

Elizabeth Black and Rye ran first with a 100. Many excellent handlers have retired or just simply not finished. Let's hear it for Elizabeth and Rye!

Celt, Megan, and Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.