• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 airbear

airbear

Talk to the paw

• Registered Users
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

What great pictures! I love smiling dogs. One question: do the dogs bark while working sheep or are they quiet?

Lou doesn't bark while working (in fact, Lou doesn't bark at all), nor do any of the border collies that I've seen work. Now Bear (my aussie) will bark occassionally when working, but it's just one "WOOF", usually as he buzzes the sheep. It's kinda like he's yelling "I'll be back!!!".

(rummages through Photobucket for picture of Bear barking while working...) Ah yes, here we go:
Posted Image

I haven't seen very many aussies work, so I can't say if they are barky or not. Also, Bear is not a particularly talented sheepdog, so I certainly am not holding him up as the gold standard of the working aussie. But I think he's really cool. :rolleyes:
Kristi
Wick, Lou and Rex
Bear, forever in my heart
Our Photo Blog

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams - Eleanor Roosevelt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.