BC Boards

Old Dog Poops in His Sleep!

Gloria Atwater

.... Well, that's one side of preg-checking I never thought about! :lol: :lol: :lol:

~ Gloria

P.S.

I'm adding probiotics to Jesse's food, now. His poops seem entirely normal; nice, firm, not-overly-dry poops, and he hasn't had any indoor accidents in a couple days, but at age nearly-13, I figure it can't hurt. :) He's not fond of yogurt, (plain or vanilla) or I'd be adding that, too.

• 7 years later...

My Labrador has started pooing in his bed when he is asleep, does even know he had done this. I put pads down at night in case he takes short but it’s always in his bed. I have 3 beds I keep washing so he always has one but it’s nearly every day now. He is 13 so upset for him as he had always been clean. What is it poor darling x

Welcome to the Boards, Lynne.

Some things to note are that 1) the thread you're posting in is over 7 years old. There can be reasons to revive an old thread but often after a few years the original contributors o the discussion will have moved on and may no longer be here. 2) This is a border collie forum and non-border collie discussions should be in the Coffee Break forum. 3) Not really enough information here for anyone to be able to give a meaningful response. I'd guess this is an age related issue and it would be best to discuss it with your vet.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

This started happening to my shih tzu. She is almost 15 and she has spine issues due ro old age. The peoblem is, she sleeps on my bed. i do not have the heart not to let her sleep on my bed. Every night as we go to sleep she looks at me with her big brown eyes to say, pick me up Mommy!  It happens every few days, just means I would have a more expensive laundry bill!