BC Boards

rescue questions

Late to this, but thought I would try answering this question, since the name isn't as off the wall as Mya's Mom might think.

The phoenix in Phoenix Rising refers to the mythological phoenix, the bird who dies in fire and is reborn. I am not a member of the rescue, but I'd be willing to bet that the name was chosen as a nod to the "rebirth" that their rescue dogs experience when they go into rescue and then on to their new forever homes.

So not a strange reason to name the rescue after the phoenix.

J.

sorry on that first one it is not right, I thought it was for Phoenix arizona, but it is south carolina!! why they would name their rescue place that is beyond me.

Late to this, but thought I would try answering this question, since the name isn't as off the wall as Mya's Mom might think.

The phoenix in Phoenix Rising refers to the mythological phoenix, the bird who dies in fire and is reborn. I am not a member of the rescue, but I'd be willing to bet that the name was chosen as a nod to the "rebirth" that their rescue dogs experience when they go into rescue and then on to their new forever homes.

So not a strange reason to name the rescue after the phoenix.

J.

This is the exact reason the rescue is named Phoenix Rising.

• 2 weeks later...