BC Boards

UGH!! I may have a 3rd!?

I get home today from work, with the knowledge that i have 10 days off! WoOt!!! Plenty of time to play with my monsters :rolleyes:

Well my vet called to inform me that there is a 3 to 4 month old BC pup in need of my help. The owner got a "good deal" at the local puppy mill (a.k.a Hunte Corp. :D Either way if this guy gives me the chance i'll be saving this pup!!

This post is just me needing to get it off my chest. As of now i am in the dark, waiting for a phone call. :D Say a prayer for this lil pup, hopefully I can get to him before he meets his end. Wish me luck in contacting the owner.

You have a heart as big as all outdoors.

I'm guessing that during his ten days off,

1) A puppy will be saved...

2) Foo will fall in love...

3) 3 puppies will be going camping with Foo...

I'm dizzy too. I'm already thinking that Loki is bored because Tex is a grumpy old fart and I should get a third, frisky dog to occupy Loki.

Fingers and paws crossed for Foo!

You are a wonderful person for doing that!!

Wish you could give that guy a piece of you r mind....lol... and ours too!!

Glad that the pup ended up with you!!

I say the more the merrier.lol I have 3 dogs mom currently has 6 because of the flooding Matt cant get back to meet his adoptees. I think the Next time they can meet is the 15th.

So after next Fri (my vacation) mom will have 9 dogs for a week.lol She even has to take Maddie to work.lol

If she survives I'm sure you will.rofl

If you decide you can't permanently keep him (3 pups are a challenge! ), I'm sure you can find him a good home. Healthy bc puppies are usually easy to place through rescue - at least according to what I've been told. I fostered a litter of 7 bc mixes for my vet about a yr ago (mom tied to the fence with a box of pups - mom sick). My vet had homes for all of them in less than 2 weeks.

Bless you (and your vet) for helping this baby!

Still no word. :rolleyes: I've called twice and will try again tomorrow. I just wish he'd call so i could go pick him up! I know if the pup is with me, he is safe. This not knowing crap is the stuff to drive me batty.

Lunar I know! The damn shelter is better then killing him! Heck wal-mart parking lot is better then killing him! (well maybe not some idiots live in this area)

Smiley my hands aren't all that full :D hehehe I think if it saves ones life, i always can make it work.

Senseless *snickers* Errr I mean Jo&Tex&Fargo

I'm guessing that during his ten days off,

1) A puppy will be saved...

2) Foo will fall in love...

3) 3 puppies will be going camping with Foo...

Am i that predictable? but yeah that is how it will probably go down! Now if the guy would hurry up and call me!

BethG, Who is to say I won't? After i get the pup first of course! Don't have him yet, but i won't rest until I do. :D

Dal & Mad's Mom Oh i can survive, probably come out of it with a grin!

Keeping my fingers crossed that you get that pup SOON....the guy sounds like a total A**!!! Keep us posted please!

Hey, besides, if you've got 10 days off, you'll have LOTS of time to train him :rolleyes:

I just got off the phone with him. I was tossing and turning, unable to sleep anyways. The guy *cough cough* bought the pup for his pregnant girl friend. She always wanted one! *good reason aye?* He said he loves animals, and would hate to see his Pit and Rot kill it. (Yet bring it to the vet to be put down is ok?)

He tells me he works for hunte corp. and payed $300 for the dog. He hinted he'd like to make some of that back. Plus he was telling me for $50 he can get me the pups papers!!*would be a nice + for adopting him out* When i told him I was unsure of paying, he quickly said he'd give the dog away so it didn't get killed.

I will meet with him tomorrow, and hopefully take the pup home with me. He sounded like an odd fella, plus hearing the woman in the background cussing like a sailor threw me off a bit. *Plus i am sleepy zzz*

I am torn tho, i would be tempted to pay for the pup, just to get him out of there! Although if i pay for him, this guy profits some for being a moron!

foo

I don't believe the way some humans don't deserve to live !!!

I REALLY don't think you would have any major problems with adding a pup. After meeting your 2 joys, I think they could add a third to their hearts without a problem. It's a plus that this is a male, cause boys get along much better together, I'm told.

Prayers are being said, so that you hear from that jerk, and give this pup the life he deserves.

P.S. If after you get him and need help beating err uh knocking some sense into this guy....you know who to call :rolleyes:

His Pit and his Rott are trying to kill this Pup?

Think for a minute what this puppy's life must be like right now.

I'm glad you were able to talk to the owner and not spend the night wondering where this puppy was.

Did the owner give you any indication of what the pup was like? Colour? Markings? Personality?

Good luck today, I hope you get him.

The pup is black and white with the normal markings nose, blaze, paws, and tip of the tail. From what the vet said the pup is very loving, but scared.

I know i could have a 3rd without any major problems. I am unsure if i want 3 dogs! lol I hardly have enough 1 on 1 time as it is. No matter what tho, i'm gonna try to get the pup out of the situation he's in now.

Good luck Fooshuman. Try not to pay for the pup--it sounds like the guy will give him to you anyway. If you have to pay something, try for a token amount, say $50 (or the cost of eutanasia or the fee the pound charges for owner give ups).

Waiting to hear when you get the new little fella home. And three is nothing--try 7 (granted, not all pups at the same time--that WOULD send me around the bend! :rolleyes: )

J.

Hope you get the lil guy! Is he still with the vet? Once you get him home and safe, you will be able to decide what happens to him next. Either to keep him or rehome. But at least he has a chance. Good thing your vet knows you so well! Here's hoping the guy will have some shread of decency and just let you have him. Sounds like he might be papered with AKC. I don't think ABCA chargest that much to get papers. Good luck with the pup and also with the jerk! Hope you got some sleep!

Linda,

Funny thing about vets--they sure do know the border collie suckers among us. My vet at the time was the reason I ended up with Farleigh (who was dog #3). He may be a bit of a nut, but it was his acquisition that prompted someone else to tell me that I really ought to try my dogs on stock. So I got Farleigh (well, my vet foisted him off on me) in April 2000, and I tried working stock for the first time that August. Farleigh didn't turn out to be a good stockdog, but Willow did, and the rest is indeed history! I guess this is a different twist on the fate thread....

Fooshuman,

Watch out! Dog #3 may be the catalyst for a whole new phase of your life! :rolleyes:

J.

Sounds like he might be papered with AKC. I don't think ABCA chargest that much to get papers.
Sounds like typical Hunte breeding. If you can get him w/o paying anything that would be ideal. Instead of allowing this guy to get his money back so to speak. I don't think there is "any" registry that charges $50 for papers, sounds like this guy is scamming to get "more" money. Probably registered (if you can call it that) with CKC.

Good for you Foo for helping this little pup out!

Karen

Yeah I'd try getting him without paying. That guy doesn't deserve anything, for sure.

I'd love a third dog, LOL. I'd have to get one under extreme circumstances like yours, though, because my hubby will never let me go out and just go FIND another dog. LOL (Well, at least not for another couple years of working on him.)

Well it looks like the pup and I won't be happening. :rolleyes: The guy wants to try selling the pup instead. I cannot describe the disappointment i feel. I just hope the lil guy gets a better home then the one he has now. I swear it was everything i could do not to give the guy a swift kick in the pants. He said he wanted to get his money back out of the pup. Grrrr! I was so tempted to just hand him the $300 right there, but my gut tells me not to.

I tried to remain pleasant. I offered to take the pup if he could'nt find someone to buy it. Either way I just pray the lil guy gets away from these people.

JMO, I would report the dog as being in danger to the local SPCA or animal control. The guy told the vet that the pup was in danger of being killed by the other dogs. Even a shelter situation sounds better for the pup than his current "home." Sorry it didn't work out for you.... but who knows, if he can't sell the dog, the guy may call you back.

Unfortunately for the pup, you did the right thing. If you had given him the $300, he may have done the same thing again....heck...he may have already done it more than once. If he really works for Hunte Corp. I doubt he paid $300. Sounds like he's trying to make a quick buck and a quick deal by pulling on heartstrings.

Sorry...I know you're feeling pretty crappy right about now but you did all that you could for now.

Maria

aw :rolleyes: I bet Maria is right. Sounds like this guy has done this more than once. I highly doubt he'd pay $300 for a puppy if his dogs are THAT aggressive. He sounds like complete slime and I'd love to kick his butt. I like the suggestion of calling animal control. Even if they dont take the dog maybe it would make the owner be careful with the dogs wellbeing.