BC Boards

Craigslist Ads

Are you F**king kidding me??!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

This is the lady who was trying to find a stud for this dog just a short while ago!!

This lady makes me sick!

===================================================================================

"If you ask questions that are answered below then I WILL NOT REHOME HER TO YOU!!! Please read ENTIRE ADD BEFORE E-MAILING!!!

I had planned to breed Later on her next heat cycle (October) but now I am having to move, and the place I am moving to is not far enough in the country to let her roam, and doesn't have a fence, so the only other option is chaining her up, but I am NOT going to do that to ANY dog much less one with so much potential! I got Later from someone who lied numerous times about her, and I intend only to tell the truth about her!

She was never spayed (Obviously)

Does not have papers, but can easily get CKC papers (Which cost $30 and I can get them for you if you need them)

She does bark when strange people come around (If they are within seeing distance then she normally barks, depending on how entertained she already is)

She has medium length fur, not rough, and not smooth

She knows a very few commands, but learns very fast, and easy.

She knows "Sit" "Come" "Up" "Off" "Jump" "Wave"

She is learning "Pray" "Down" (To Lie down) "Shake" "Roll Over" "Heel"

Most of the time she will mind you on the first command of the ones she knows best, but sometimes does not.

I got her only a couple months back at 11 months old, she turned 1 June 1st. So I have had hardly any time to work with her on training, and have got some great progress from her! She knew nothing but "Sit" when I got her, and had been trained in such a way that she thought if you told her to do so and she THOUGHT about sitting then she would get a treat. I have gotten her to where she will sit without a treat, and normally on first command.

She has developed a small amount of matting below the ears because of me being too busy the last little while to be able to correct it before it got to the point it is at. She sits pretty well if someone is petting her face while you cut the matting off tho, and it won't be too hard to get it taken care of. I can even remove it before sending her home if needed.

She LOVES her people, and any time you are within seeing distance of her she feels the need to be being loved on.

She does pick her owners, and once she has made an owner she protects that person for all her worth! Even with the small things! I pet-sat a cousins puppy last month, and he started playing, and was chewing on my hand (Which I was about to correct when this happened... LOL!) and Later saw him, and just gave him a piece of her mind, and mouth! LOL! She growled, and barked at him, and before I could stop her she was biting him! She did stop as soon as he got the point tho, and he never did put his mouth over my hand again!

She does dig, but I have been working on training that out of her as well!

She is an Alfa dog, and will NOT go into a home with another Alfa!

She takes a while to become friends with other dogs, and requires a free roam of a nice sized area, that is not known to either dog previously, for a few hours to be able to settle their differences.

She does not like swimming, but I have been training her to like that as well, and have had very speedy progress! She wants to like it, because I do!

She has slight food aggression that I have also been working on, and improving daily!

I love my girl, but can't keep her! It would be very un-fair for her! I am willing to take her to your home, as I would like to see where she is going to be living!

She was named Patches, but didn't know her name, and I didn't like the name, so I changed it to Maybe Later, and call her Later. She does know that name. If you are visiting with someone and say Later while talking she jerks her head up and looks at you!

I will replace her, take her back, or fix any problem you are un-happy with (Options being given ONLY after I decide what the value of the problem is, and depending on amount you pay for her!)

For EXAMPLE if I sold her to someone for $500 and then she turned up to never go into her heat cycle after EIGHT months then I would purchase a new PUPPY or DOG of the same breed, gender, and not fixed, not papers, and would replace Later with that puppy, and take her back. I would then find her a new home but be sure to say she is fixed or not fertile... Take her to the vet and get a "Fix" check to be SURE that that is what is going on.

Later would be great at furthering her Obedience, and would do wonderful in Agility, or Herding.

She would EXCELL in Dog-Dance, or Tricks!"

Here's the original story on the Kuna pups. Kuna is about ten minutes from me, and I know someone who took one of these puppies. Despite the lip service, her choice came down to price. I had a lovely adult female for adoption, but the adoption fee was $150. She chose one of these pups. I love the way this ad says, "We'll know for SURE..." ... hahaha ... right.

"Border Collie puppies (Kuna) Date: 2011-05-13, 1:38PM MDT

Reply to: cmb.hansard77@yahoo.com [Errors when replying to ads?]

We have 7 gorgeous puppies that are 4 weeks old. They will be ready to be sold in 3 weeks. There is 3 girls and 4 boys. We are asking a small re homing fee to insure they are going to a loving home.

Mama is pure collie unfortunately we don't know who dad is but we have a neighbor with a pure collie and the vet doesn't think they are mix because of their colors. We will know FOR SURE in about 2 weeks.

If you are interested call or text 208-570-8216

I always love the ads where the owner is looking to breed their dog so the kids can have the experience of puppy birth and rearing.

I say just haul the curtain climbers down to the maternity room the next time mom mistakes the baby asprin for her BC pills.

I am amazed these ads are on Craig's List. CL forbids the selling of animals other than livestock or horses, and they also forbid advertising or looking for stud services. Here, if someone posts an ad like that their ad will be flagged off in less than 15 minutes.

D'Elle

How's this one?

Yeah ... I should call them ... and tell them what idiots they are for letting their dog ride in the back of the truck like that.

My dog rides in the back of my pickup all the time and he's always been fine riding back there.

My dog rides in the back of my pickup all the time and he's always been fine riding back there.

Yup. And that will turn into "My dog rode in the back of my pickup all the time and he's always been fine until he did that." But don't worry, it won't be you who runs over him. It'll be the person behind you. No biggie.

Color me stupid, but I put way too much into my dogs to throw that all away to have them ride loose in the back of the truck and chance them jumping out. More power to you, though, I guess.

Ex was a vet. When she worked in the rural part of the state she averaged patching up or putting down about a dog a month from jumping out of the back of a moving pickup. She had one goob admit that it was the third dog he had lost that way. She just about hit him.

And just another horrid warning story: My brother's old beagle mix rode in the back of his truck, but tied "for safety." He leaped out one night, trying to chase something, and ended up being dragged down the road a bit. Horrible open wounds. And my brother's not a rube - he just hadn't considered the possibility.

Mary

Sure, and I rode in a car without seat belts or a car seat when I was a kid because there weren't any of those things where I grew up.

I have seen precisely what happens when a dog who "has always been just fine back there" gets startled going around a corner, is thrown out, and meets a horrible fate on the road. The dog suffered. So did all of us who were unlucky enough to be at that intersection that day. Dog didn't make it. I really hope I never never see anything like that again.

If you give a damn about your dog don't put him in the back of a pickup truck, unless you are on a ranch and well away from other roads or traffic.

D'Elle