This is Xena

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Socdaneuic

Socdaneuic

• Registered Users
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:05 PM

Now I don't have her yet, but I'll be picking her up in 3 more days. Longest week ever since I've been following her since she was two weeks old.

Attached Files

#2 Gloria Atwater

Gloria Atwater

Talksalot

• Registered Users
  • 2,631 posts
  • Interests:Sheepdogging!

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

She's very cute!  :) How did you come to decide on a merle?

~ Gloria

You ask of my companions. Hills, sir, and the sundown, and a dog as large as myself that my father bought me. They are better than human beings, because they know but do not tell. ~ Emily Dickinson

To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace. ~ Milan Kundera

#3 gcv-border

gcv-border

• Registered Users
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:09 PM

Gorgeous little pup!  Congrats.

Jovi

"Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog."  Charles F. Duran

#4 Socdaneuic

Socdaneuic

• Registered Users
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:40 PM

She's very cute!  :) How did you come to decide on a merle?

~ Gloria

Honestly, a blue merle border collie has been my dream dog for a long time. I got hooked on border collies from a young age; ever since I read a book about a border collie (don't remember the name). While looking at the colors, I always found the blue merle and tri merles very attractive in my eyes.  Look at this woman's border collie https://www.youtube....?v=qx6W8HFWK9o. Probably the prettiest blue merle I've ever seen.

#5 teresaserrano

teresaserrano

• Registered Users
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, literature, nature

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:11 AM

Look at this woman's border collie https://www.youtube....?v=qx6W8HFWK9o. Probably the prettiest blue merle I've ever seen.

I know that dog and owner, have been with them twice on dogdisc events.

Teresa Serrano

#6 Socdaneuic

Socdaneuic

• Registered Users
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:51 PM

I know that dog and owner, have been with them twice on dogdisc events.

I'm kind of jealous of you right now.

#7 teresaserrano

teresaserrano

• Registered Users
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, literature, nature

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:34 AM

I'll probably see them this sunday at a dogdisc event, I'll tell Catarina you love her Cheza.

Teresa Serrano

#8 chene

chene

• Registered Users
  • 841 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:59 PM

Eee, what a cutie. I remember following Aed's pictures from his birth until I got him. My GOD time sure dragged. I remember the day I picked him up like it was yesterday. He puked in the car and fell asleep with his head on my arm. His collar was too big for him so we had to cut a new hole. He fell over three times while trying to chase a ball. He jumped about a foot when my mom farted ride beside him. He ate a block of cheese. He ran into my lap when we arrived at the breeder's. It was one of the the scariest and most wonderful days of my life. Three days from when you posted, so I guess today is that day for you. I hope it's just as ridiculous and lovely as mine was!

P.S. I remember Cheza. I followed their videos when Aed was a babe because it was super useful and exciting to have good quality clips of what a pup looked like as it grew. I also always thought Cheza was just beautiful. She (he?) and Liz P's Sage are my top two for prettiest border collies.

HIJGWrN.jpg

#9 Socdaneuic

Socdaneuic

• Registered Users
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:17 AM

Eee, what a cutie. I remember following Aed's pictures from his birth until I got him. My GOD time sure dragged. I remember the day I picked him up like it was yesterday. He puked in the car and fell asleep with his head on my arm. His collar was too big for him so we had to cut a new hole. He fell over three times while trying to chase a ball. He jumped about a foot when my mom farted ride beside him. He ate a block of cheese. He ran into my lap when we arrived at the breeder's. It was one of the the scariest and most wonderful days of my life. Three days from when you posted, so I guess today is that day for you. I hope it's just as ridiculous and lovely as mine was!

P.S. I remember Cheza. I followed their videos when Aed was a babe because it was super useful and exciting to have good quality clips of what a pup looked like as it grew. I also always thought Cheza was just beautiful. She (he?) and Liz P's Sage are my top two for prettiest border collies.

Haha, my first day wasn't all that exciting. I picked her up around 10 at night from the airport so by the time we got home, it was time for bed pretty much. Give or take I played with her for an hour and then she went to the crate. Now the next day, I found out that she had a lot of ticks. So I spent the majority of the day removing ticks from her and I removed some flea eggs. She's all clean now and is looking fairly healthy, but I was worried since she was very tired the previous day and thought it had something to do with the fleas/ticks. She's all up to date on shots and deworming, so there's not too much I can do for her and I plan on bringing her to the vet Wednesday, unless she seems to drastically decline in health. Eating/pooping/peeing is fine too. However, I did let her sleep with me last night and she's had no accidents so far, so that's a very positive thing! Now, let me get more pictures on here. ALSO, I think Xena will be almost as pretty as Cheza, if not more!

*This is the only image that I can attach. All of my other images are about 6 MB a piece lol.

**http://imgur.com/a/M2KA4#0 - Album

Attached Files

#10 kingfisher7151

kingfisher7151

• Registered Users
  • 736 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:36 AM

What a cutie! I'll bet those needle nails don't feel great! :)

When pictures are too big, I email them to myself to resize them!

#11 GentleLake

GentleLake

• Registered Users
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:57 AM

Very sweet.

Looks like it's time to get out the human nail clippers and start getting her used to nail trims.  ;)

What I want to know is what self respecting and responsible breeder would have a puppy in conditions where it would have a bunch of ticks and fleas, much less send her to a buyer that way?  :huh:  It makes me wonder how much handling and socialization she's gotten, too.

Talk to your vet about when to have her tested for tick borne diseases.  I'm guessing that'll be in about 6 months.

Glad she's with someone who'll take better care of her.

"People in your life always come and go all the time; the dogs are always there for me. Always." ~Samantha Valle

#12 Socdaneuic

Socdaneuic

• Registered Users
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:30 PM

Very sweet.

Looks like it's time to get out the human nail clippers and start getting her used to nail trims.  ;)

What I want to know is what self respecting and responsible breeder would have a puppy in conditions where it would have a bunch of ticks and fleas, much less send her to a buyer that way?  :huh:  It makes me wonder how much handling and socialization she's gotten, too.

Talk to your vet about when to have her tested for tick borne diseases.  I'm guessing that'll be in about 6 months.

Glad she's with someone who'll take better care of her.

Yeah, I have some dog nail clippers at my mother's house that I need to go pick up tomorrow. That's next on my list haha.

When I messaged the breeder about the tick problem, they told me that they've been having a hard time with ticks lately. Seeing that the puppy seems to have been infected roughly two weeks ago at most, it's a little believable. They did tell me that they tried to remove the ticks/fleas and there were no fleas at all, except two patches of eggs on her. But there was about 4-5 ticks on her. She does to have been handled and socialized well though! Something redeeming.

#13 GentleLake

GentleLake

• Registered Users
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:06 PM

I don't start using dog nail clippers till a puppy's older and has more substantial nails.

For a pup this young, I'd just use human nail clippers.  Less chance, IMO, of hurting her if she's squirmy.

"People in your life always come and go all the time; the dogs are always there for me. Always." ~Samantha Valle

#14 Socdaneuic

Socdaneuic

• Registered Users
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:04 AM

It's been a rough month, but Xena is now 3 months old! I feel like she is fairly small for her age, but that might be expected since she got a severe case of pneumonia for about a week. Her eyes are losing some of their blue (parts of the iris are brown) and she's a big big talker. Sometimes I wish she had a mute button. http://imgur.com/Dmwr3Ko http://imgur.com/4aQb65f

#15 chene

chene

• Registered Users
  • 841 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:08 AM

Oh my goodness! She is absolutely beautiful! Don't stop posting pictures. 

P.S. Our mute button with Aed is called "that's enough" and it means "stop what you're doing or get a time out". Surprisingly effective.

HIJGWrN.jpg

#16 Liz P

Liz P

optimistic realist

• Registered Users
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

She looks scared and worried in all those photos from the breeder.  :(

#17 chene

chene

• Registered Users
  • 841 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:08 PM

She looks scared and worried in all those photos from the breeder.  :(

You're right...I hadn't noticed. We can hardly make assumptions based on a few pictures though. Perhaps she didn't like the camera.

HIJGWrN.jpg

#18 Liz P

Liz P

optimistic realist

• Registered Users
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:54 PM

Pup is scared looking in all the photos.  Pup shows up to the new owner covered in parasites.  Pup is a merle.  Adds up to probably not a very place to get a puppy.  Too many red flags.

#19 chene

chene

• Registered Users
  • 841 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

Pup is scared looking in all the photos.  Pup shows up to the new owner covered in parasites.  Pup is a merle.  Adds up to probably not a very place to get a puppy.  Too many red flags.

Missed the post about the ticks. Fair enough.

HIJGWrN.jpg

#20 Socdaneuic

Socdaneuic

• Registered Users
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:17 PM

The only issue was that I couldn't go out and see my puppy before purchasing. I purchased from a recommended breeder believe it or not, and I was utterly unhappy with my purchase. However, I wasn't going to return the puppy to someone who obviously didn't take care of it. I don't know if they were just lazy or desperate this time around, but this is what happened. She's progressed a lot and is looking quite healthy now, so that's what makes me happy. Here's a closer picture of her eyes by the way: http://imgur.com/DLfoTAb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.