Luna is growing up!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 StephaaRas

StephaaRas

• Registered Users
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:00 PM

She is in fact a pure bred, but like GentleLake said it is common in many different breeds.

#22 Armywife2010

Armywife2010

• Registered Users
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:03 PM

Wait, you have ears like that?!  JK

Those ears aren't unusual in PB border collies . . . but they're also not unusual in a lot of other breeds.  Sorry that's not going to be much use in helping you ID your dog, Armywife.

Lol. :P

It's okay. I just really don't know much about the breed and to see another dog's ears that look like my dog's might help to point me in the right direction.
Also, I find these large bat ears on medium size dogs to be rather interesting.

I wasn't trying to hijack. Sorry if it came across like that.

Taking a leave of absence

#23 StephaaRas

StephaaRas

• Registered Users
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:39 PM

Lol I agree with the large bat ears being rather interesting. It took a while for my girl to grow into her ear size. They still look kind of silly on her. Her ears decided to be prick ears at about 6 or 7 months old. She used to have silly floppy ears that never knew what they were doing. Occasionally one of them still flops over. I love BC ear diversity.

#24 StephaaRas

StephaaRas

• Registered Users
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:44 PM

And I hate double posting but here are a few more recent pictures of her.

tumblr_nmrg319hPT1tka29yo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nlmwkbE6ii1tka29yo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nl679tBzfk1tka29yo1_540.jpgtumblr_nmeaecoP4g1tka29yo1_540.jpg

#25 RemsMom

RemsMom

• Registered Users
  • 579 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:01 AM

I find Luna's ears irresistible.  I really wanted my Nattie's ears to look like my GSD but they are in a permanent, silly flop.  I loved when my GSD was at the age where his ears were way too big for his body.

I really like the photo of Luna with the laptop.  She looks like she is saying, "Excuse me!  I'm busy posting the latest news to my friends on Facebook!"

She really is an adorable little dog!

#26 StephaaRas

StephaaRas

• Registered Users
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:29 AM

Nattie's ears are adorable. I love the silly flop she has. I kind of miss the permanent silly flop in one of Luna's ears, though I can't imagine her without prick ears now. My cousins GSD took forever to grow into his ears. I'd never seen a more silly looking pup, he looked like he could fly away with those things.

I took that laptop picture for that exact reason. I was looking at her and thought she looked ready for business so I had to capture it.

#27 Armywife2010

Armywife2010

• Registered Users
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:17 AM

Lol I agree with the large bat ears being rather interesting. It took a while for my girl to grow into her ear size. They still look kind of silly on her. Her ears decided to be prick ears at about 6 or 7 months old. She used to have silly floppy ears that never knew what they were doing. Occasionally one of them still flops over. I love BC ear diversity.

Lol, my dog had the silly flop thing going on for quite a while too before they decided to fully prick up. Such a funny look. My favorite is when one ear is fully pricked but the other is half flopped. So darn cute!

#28 CptJack

CptJack

• Registered Users
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

2_zps2ip3pxod.jpg

I. Love. Bat. Ears.  (Obviously not a BC, LOL)

Molly's ears have gone through a lot.  She started floppy eared, went flying nun for a while,  had each ear up individually while the other flopped and finally settled on I guess kind of semi-prick/tipped-ish? 

March9_zpspy2jey5g.jpg

Occasionally one or the other still falls over and once in a while one or both go full prick.  I say, and mean, that her ear set is 'whatever I feel like'.

#29 StephaaRas

StephaaRas

• Registered Users
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:58 PM

I love Mollys ears in that picture! I love when they just have that small flop at the top. She's really quite an adorable dog! Your little bat eared dog is adorable too!

Aside from the reversible "what ear should I have flopped today?" Luna's ears haven't changed through that many styles. Now if she flops one it's usually her left ear, and only usually when she's really tired. She'll put both of them down sometimes too, but not too often.

#30 chene

chene

• Registered Users
  • 841 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:03 PM

That laptop picture is just beautiful. I love her expression and her whole look really.

HIJGWrN.jpg

#31 Armywife2010

Armywife2010

• Registered Users
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:56 PM

I love Mollys ears in that picture! I love when they just have that small flop at the top. She's really quite an adorable dog! Your little bat eared dog is adorable too!

Aside from the reversible "what ear should I have flopped today?" Luna's ears haven't changed through that many styles. Now if she flops one it's usually her left ear, and only usually when she's really tired. She'll put both of them down sometimes too, but not too often.

Kashmir has the ability to lay both of hers flat too. Makes her look even sillier. :P

#32 RemsMom

RemsMom

• Registered Users
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:27 AM

Isn't it funny how dogs get the ears that suit them perfectly?  Nattie's ears are silly but they fit her.  I don't think she would look right with the big GSD type ears that I love best. 

#33 StephaaRas

StephaaRas

• Registered Users
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:09 PM

@chene - thank you very much. (:

@armywife - Yeah, when Luna puts both of her ears down she looks like she owes everyone a big apology. She gets so sad looking and it's usually when she wants to cuddle so its adorable.

@remsmom - Exactly! Though when Luna was growing up I wished for a certain kind of ears, I'm completely glad she got the ones she has. She's always looking so happy and excited and I feel the ears add to that character.

#34 StephaaRas

StephaaRas

• Registered Users
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:40 PM

Luna is a year old today!

Happy birthday to my favorite girl!

Here is what she looks like today:

tumblr_nnwpyoyAWp1tka29yo1_540.jpg

Can't believe she's growing up so fast.

#35 StephaaRas

StephaaRas

• Registered Users
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:52 PM

I brought Luna out to a lake to play some fetch and run around outside.

She had a blast!

Here are a few pictures. :)

tumblr_nql80xLIMw1tka29yo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nql80xLIMw1tka29yo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nql80xLIMw1tka29yo3_1280.jpg

I didn't get very many pictures because I was out in the water with her. A lot of them came out blurry, my phones camera is going down hill!

Overall we had tons of fun, and she definitely slept good that night!

#36 StephaaRas

StephaaRas

• Registered Users
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:14 PM

tumblr_ntlkr8u1B81tka29yo1_540.jpg

tumblr_ntfsmdlTK31tka29yo1_540.jpg

Just some generic pictures of Luna, testing new phone camera quality. Luna is always the guinea pig for my pictures.

#37 Riika

Riika

• Registered Users
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:08 AM

I don't know how I missed seeing these pictures long ago. I think Luna is one of the most beautiful BCs I've ever seen! 

~Kailey~My blog. http://annesalpinesd...ts.blogspot.com<p> 

#38 chene

chene

• Registered Users
  • 841 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:10 AM

I'm inclined to agree. She is just beautiful. I'm really curious as to seeing picture of her ears when they're not straight up. Do they go down when she's focusing or anything?

HIJGWrN.jpg

#39 StephaaRas

StephaaRas

• Registered Users
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:06 PM

Riika : Thank you very much!

chene : Her ears sometimes go down when she's sleeping, focusing, etc. One of them was always flopped when she was a puppy, but now they mostly stand up. I don't really have any pictures with both of them down because it's so rare to catch her like that. A lot of times when she focuses she actually pricks her ears up more.

I'll try to catch a picture of her with her ears down sometime today if it's possible!

#40 StephaaRas

StephaaRas

• Registered Users
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

Still no luck getting a picture of Luna with her ears down, but this morning we went on a little hike up into the woods in an effort to find her frisbee she always brings up there... No luck, but we had fun anyway.

tumblr_ntwfyh8MPo1tka29yo1_400.jpg

tumblr_ntwfyh8MPo1tka29yo2_400.jpg

tumblr_ntwfyh8MPo1tka29yo3_400.jpg

tumblr_ntwfyh8MPo1tka29yo4_400.jpg

tumblr_ntwfyh8MPo1tka29yo5_400.jpg

tumblr_ntwfyh8MPo1tka29yo6_400.jpg

As soon as I can find her frisbee I plan to do a few mini lessons with her today on a few tricks. Expect some pictures or even videos of that if I ever find the thing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.