BC Boards

Very Popular Facebook Page featuring the Border Collie

To all my Border Collie people:
The National Purebred Dog Day page on Facebook wants to feature our breed for two days and needs our help. She’ll do the “heavy lifting” by posting breed history and factoids, and asking questions that cover topics such grooming, health testing, and challenges in owning the breed, but she needs breed experts (us!) to answer questions and share our breed wisdom. All we need to do on those two days is “like” the National Purebred Dog Day, and check in to answer the latest questions, share photos and offer our breed wisdom. The feature is intended to educate the 52,000 page followers about what the breed is like to live with, and what anyone considering the breed for themselves needs to know before getting one. What say you all?"
And you can message the page with photos you'd like them to use during the feature.
The dates for Border collie’s will be this week May 25/26. This is a great opportunity to educate people about our fantastic breed so please join.

The lady who started National Purebred Dog is, I believe, a longtime AKC conformation competitor.

I believe in purpose-bred dogs which frequently-- but not invariably --overlap with purebred dogs. Pretty is as performance does. And good dogs come from all sorts of sources, including rescues, shelters, etc.

I'm not sure of her background but I've followed the NPDD page for a long time and they always do an excellent job of showcasing each breed. They've always placed emphasis on dogs that are bred for work.She posts photos and questions and lets the owners of the breeds talk about their expertise so others can learn about the breed.

Hey guys, we often talk about educating the general public about what we love and, also, why this breed is not for everyone. We talk about how we wish more people realized why working is such an important part of the heritage, and future of the breed. This is a great opportunity to educate a large audience of people about our breed. I know many of you are on Facebook. Please take a few moments to scroll down the page and answer some of the questions that have been posted today about the Border Collie. The more the merrier!