BC Boards

Neutered males in same house hold as intact female

We are dog sitting and we have two males-fixed and the pretty BC we are sitting is an intact female .... All three are trying to hump each other ... They all listen pretty well (two BCs and a Aussie mix) however they try over and over again... I'm just wondering if at some point this weekend they will stop or if it's a lost cause and I'll have to continue to supervise and say no every ten seconds. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Since they don't all live together all the time, even if they're friends, I'd say their play is laced with a certain amount of trying to sort out their hierarchy. Usually mounting displays like that are more to do with testing who is the lead dog than anything about sex.

If it were me, I'd up the corrections and make sure it's a BIG no. It's unnecessary and if they haven't sorted it out by now, it needs to just quit. Best of luck!

~ Gloria

Haha so things are getting much more calm THANK GOSH it definitely is a combo of excitement and sexual and not really hierarchical. I only say this because we have had many sleepovers with all sorts of dogs but never had any humping until now... And it happens to be the only intact female. Once I became very firm with my dogs they stopped, the female visitor is still trying when she starts getting too playful, but over all it has stopped! Not going to lie though it may help that they are tired and chewing bully sticks... Will be buying more tomorrow *sigh of relief*

Haha so things are getting much more calm THANK GOSH it definitely is a combo of excitement and sexual and not really hierarchical. I only say this because we have had many sleepovers with all sorts of dogs but never had any humping until now... And it happens to be the only intact female. Once I became very firm with my dogs they stopped, the female visitor is still trying when she starts getting too playful, but over all it has stopped! Not going to lie though it may help that they are tired and chewing bully sticks... Will be buying more tomorrow *sigh of relief*