Photo

Possible Texas hurricane

27 replies to this topic

#21 Miztiki

Miztiki

• Registered Users
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:34 PM

At this point it has become a probable Texas hurricane.

Posted Image

Posted Image

See these two maps? They were posted and I said I didn't have a clue what I was looking at. Pretty colors? They said the ball of pretty colors in both maps there in Texas is where they think Emily will hit at this point.

That's my house under that ball of pretty colors! :eek:

#22 ErinKate

ErinKate

• Registered Users
  • 937 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:08 AM

I'm with you Miz, my eye is always on the weather. Florida is great Nov-May! I don't worry so much about the hurricanes as I do a tornado. We have already tested the generator, and filled the gas drum. (at 2.37gal, then it dropped to 2.19! ughh! Back up now though!)I hope you stay safe. Stay tuned to the weather, and keep an eye on the sky.

#23 nancy

nancy

Dixie's Old Fogie

• Registered Users
  • 3,176 posts
  • Interests:Grandgirl, cycling, reading, needlework, Dixie & Maggie, Chuck

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:49 AM

I just did a quick check online. There's a Baymont in Austin and a gazillion LaQuinta's in San Antonio that take dogs. I don't remember hearing of hurricanes slamming there.

#24 Sasha'sMom

Sasha'sMom

• Registered Users
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:22 AM

Good luck you guys. We are new to this hurricaine thing, but Dennis sure made us think about it. (We're much more used to tornados)

Be safe,
Danielle

#25 Christine

Christine

• Registered Users
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:57 AM

Sasha's Mom:

You wont be new to hurricanes for much longer. I got to hand it to Floridians, after last summer I would have up and packed myself somewhere else.

#26 ErinKate

ErinKate

• Registered Users
  • 937 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:43 PM

I got to hand it to Floridians, after last summer I would have up and packed myself somewhere else.

Ahh, it would take a lot more than that to scare most of us out of paradise!!!

#27 REBOKSMOM

REBOKSMOM

• Registered Users
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:54 PM

I just went through CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) training in May. Here is a useful link for Harris County Citizens Corp and what to put into an emergency kit.

http://www.ready.gov/make_a_kit.html

I noticed Home Depot had a FEMA approved emergency kit. They had one person or two person kits.

#28 REBOKSMOM

REBOKSMOM

• Registered Users
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:02 PM

Actually the link I posted went to Ready.gov. The link below is harris county citizens corp if you are in the Houston area.

http://www.harriscou...tizencorps.com/

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.