BC Boards

Excellent UK Border Collie Rescue site

These guys do great work in rescuing unwanted border collies and working sheepdogs in the UK.

www.wiccaweys.co.uk

Check out their shop ... I am just about to order one of these :rolleyes: They are great :D

865354_5000264_1_huge.jpg

Thanks! I might be finding my BF's next Christmas present on there. I like the tennis ball recovery ones. Molly keeps throwing a ball under a dresser so we have to crawl on the floor and get it out for her...

I have recently seen that site Kirsty. It seems that they get a lot of rescues from Ireland on there.

There is a forum that i might join although it doesn't have that many members, well not compared to this one. I hadn't noticed the t-shirts etc when i looked i only looked at the rehoming bit. I shall take another look. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting it, i don't know of any other BC rescue sites like that in the UK. Would be interested in checking them out if anyone knows of any others??

I have just had a better look at that site. (only looked at the dogs needing homes bit before). I have put it in my favourites on pc now.

Looks like they do lots fundraising etc too.

I have also just seen the ---the evil that men do-- bit on there. I am horrified and upset now. I can't believe that there are people in this world who can inflict such cruelty. Just read (and even worse seen photo's) of Hardy rescued form Eire. For anyone reading this and has not seen the web page they believe that he was shot by a farmer, they did save him but half his poor face is missing now . That image will stick with me now for ages. They wrote that in Ireland a farmer will breed pups then when they are about 5months old if he hasn't sold them and doesn't want them. He goes and shoots them. How can any human do it???? What sort of person could do it??? i am disgusted :rolleyes:

Fantastic people at Wiccaways, hope that others in the UK will read this and check out the site too.

Hardy's story is horrific isn't it? :rolleyes: Thank goodness he was rescued and is ok now, although his face will never be the same :D

People often make me sick with anger at some of the things they do.

Another really good BC Rescue is http://www.bordercollierescue.org/ Their website isn't anywhere near as good as Wiccaweys, but they do a fabulous job and are really helpful. They are also dedicated to finding collies (that are suitable) working homes.

Also wanted to add that border collies (in particular) really do seem to have a hard time of it in the Republic of Ireland :rolleyes: I think they are very much seen as a working tool, and if that tool is broken they just discard it. My grandparents were farmers in Ireland and they had collies - thankfully they were well-looked after, but there were many that weren't :D

shame there is no one up in Orkney rescueing, however the way Orkney council treat anyone wanting to set up, up there I am not supprised. Would cost a fortune to take in the amount of working pups that are drowned each year.

Hardy's story is horrific isn't it? :D Thank goodness he was rescued and is ok now, although his face will never be the same :D

People often make me sick with anger at some of the things they do.

Another really good BC Rescue is http://www.bordercollierescue.org/ Their website isn't anywhere near as good as Wiccaweys, but they do a fabulous job and are really helpful. They are also dedicated to finding collies (that are suitable) working homes.

Yes i agree i get so upset reading those cruelty cases, i really feel so bad when i read them and really angry towards the people that inflict it. :rolleyes:

I shall take a look at that other link, thanks Kirsty :D

Guest Rockie's mum

Some of the stories there were heart - breaking

Some people are so cruel aren't they?

That site needs all the help it can get, I'll definately be buying some t shirts