BC Boards

Dual Sanctioning for One Trial (USBCHA and AHBA)

MagRam

I too don't believe in sanctioning arena sheepdog trials, as I guess I've already said. (I don't have an opinion about cattledog trials.) But even if USBCHA continues to sanction arena trials, and even if a particular AHBA trial could be shown to be as "good" as a particular USBCHA trial, I still think the cultural and philosophical differences between the two organizations are too great for it to make sense for them to be sanctioning each other's trials. The USBCHA has never had -- and up to now, never needed -- extensive rules about trials, because by and large there was a common understanding in USBCHA of what a trial should be. (Even in this respect we are different from AHBA, which has detailed specifications and requires a diagram and step-by-step description of the course before it will grant sanction.) But our culture is in danger of changing now, for reasons I won't belabor, and I think dual sanctioning of trials with an all-breed, title-awarding organization would quickly erode that common consensus. As Mike said, I can think of a lot of harm that could come from dual sanction, and I can't think of any good that could come of it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a note for those who are members of Facebook. The dual-sanctioning question was asked in the discussion section of the USBCHA Facebook page and there's a discussion going on there now. I assume this is USBCHA (whoever set up the page?) asking our opinions, so if you're a Facebook member and want to express yourself on the USBCHA discussion page, be sure to head over there as well.

J.

For those going to Facebook go to United States Border Collie Handlers Association not the page titled USBCHA, two different groups run by two different people. I think the first was set up by Hub.

Deb

Archived