BC Boards

BC's in shelter

Well, I just looked at the Boise, ID humane society page and there are 13 BC or BC mixes. My husband wont let me have another dog at the moment, so I cant really do anything but donate money (which we do). How do you get over the feeling of sadness for these animals?

This is the link in case you want to see any of them. There are a couple I just think are so adorable.

http://www.idahohumanesociety.com/adoptapet.html

I don't think you do. But it isn't just Border Collies. The last time I was at the SPCA here in Washington where we found our kitten Sox, I wanted all of them. All the cats, there were two trailers and six rooms full of them. Just before I brought Meg home, but for weeks after her ownership transferred to me, my pet store owner/BC nut, told me there were 5 month old BC puppies in rescue waiting for a home. I don't think I slept that night.

One thing we can do is work for rescues in the future - ferrying animals and doing on site evals.

You never get over it as long as you have a heart. It hurts to be a good person.

I have spoken to somebody who does rescue up that way. Many of those dogs were riding in the back of the pickup and bounced out on a trip and were lost. Replacement dogs are a dime a dozen, and folks just get another. It's a shame (and a plug for safe methods of travelling with dogs).

Too many folks have intact dogs and there is a lot of irresponsible breeding, as well. I expect that's not news to you, sad to say.