BC Boards

Need help with....

Kassie has been put on a diet, not real strict but cut back on treats and food. We also started feeding her twice a day. My problem is this...her stools are now rock hard. She gets kibble (Blackwood) mixed with canned (Nutro Natural Choice), and I add half a capsule of Super EPA. For treats she has dehydrated sweet potatoes, or dried fish skins. On school day (once a week, agility) she gets hot dogs quartered. Should I be giving her something to help soften them just a little or am I asking for trouble? Thanks for any advice you may have...

If you think she's uncomfortable, try pumpkin; I've heard it works for constipation as well as loose stool. If she's not acting uncomfortable then I'd wait and see - Maggie's stool has been softer than usual recently (it's usually rather hard/dense) and I've noticed she is licking herself more now which may indicate some anal gland problems since softer poop won't empty the glands as well; I'm hoping to see her back to normal soon.

Nancy,

Could you explain further on the desicated and dried? She has constant sources (3) of water freshened during the day. What oil would you recommend and what other foods. We are willing to do anything for the girls heath, as I feel that is the best gift I can give a BC. Thanks for the thoughtful answers.

Erin,

Thanks for the tip, she really does not seem uncomfortable. She gets pumpkin with her kibble on training night, once a week. (Cause of all the treats).