BC Boards

Tonight 7pm EST - "The Dog Whisperer"

My tv shows 3 hours of Cesar Millan starting at 7pm EST tonight on the National Geographic Channel. At least one is a rerun, and I think one will be a new episode.

Anybody plan to watch? If so, would love to hear your comments, for or against. Y'all know how interested I am in canine behavior, and this is a great way to get into discussions about it!

I ordered his DVD after watching all of those episodes last time, and I'm willing to sell it to anyone who wants it. It's good philisophical advice for inexperienced onwers (dogs are dogs, need pack structure, exercise, etc.) but won't offer much insight to more experienced dog ownwers.

Contact me privately if interested.

I tape all of the new shows with DVR (its like TiVo). I don't learn much from the shows but I DO learn how he deals with inexperienced onwers without going nuts! If I plan to be a dog trainer, knowing how to deal with people is a must.

BTW, I just got a book about dog body language that is so far REALLY good.

It is called "Canine Body Language - a photographic guide - interpreting the native language of the domestic dog" by Brenda Aloff. (long title I know. :rolleyes: ). I think that between that book and Cesar Millan even the MOST inexperienced dog owner could become a pro! :D

I have watched Milan since he first showed up on tv. I still like him. He is natural with dogs and I believe he really understands the "nature" of dogs. I have learned from his shows. But I still have a little psycho muttly! But she is no prob to anyone else so I let her be!