BC Boards

Jack Knox, January, North Carolina

Hey,

Just a reminder to everyone that we are hosting Jack Knox January 11-13 just north of Liberty, NC (20 minutes south of Greensboro) in January. Breakfast and lunch are included in the clinic entry fees. These clinics are always a great learning experience. If you would like a clinic flyer or entry form, please contact me at misstwist24 @ rtelco . net (take out the spaces).

We are limiting the number of working slots to be sure that everyone gets adequate time with Jack. Audit slots are unlimited. A round pen and open field, as well as a small paddock, will be available. The flock is a mix of lightly dogged karakuls and tunis and a small number of dogbroke hair sheep.

There are a number of pet-friendly hotels within 20 minutes of the clinic site in either Greensboro or Asheboro. Camping is also available (without hookups), and there is plenty of space for dog walking.

J.

Well I can pretty much guarantee it will be way less snowy and somewhat less cold than in your neck of the woods. In fact, it could be positively balmy. We might get rain, but as we're in the midst of a bad drought, that probably pretty unlikely. So the short answer is: Come on down!

J.

Last year it was in the seventies all weekend! We can't guarantee that, but as Julie said we're in the middle of a severe drought so we're unlikely to repeat the weather from the year before last (pouring freezing rain). Let's just say, if it does happen we'll all be walking around with big grins!

We'd love to have you, or any other northern folks looking to escape the snow and give your dogs a good midwinter workout. :rolleyes: It's always a terrific clinic - Jack is fresh off his long holiday vacation and is in fine mettle - and the regulars are great fun every year.

This will be my very first clinic. :D I'm so terrifi excited I can't wait. :D I'm bringing Violet and Faith. :D My trainer really wants Faith to work with someone else thinks it will be good experience for the devil dog youngster. :D

Since Julie's worked with both my girls before and didn't send back my entry marked "addressee unknown" I guess it'll be ok. :rolleyes:

I hope lots of y'all are coming - I met a few folks at Becca's in June but I'd love to get to see more of you IRL. Who all is coming? :D

If all goes as planned, I'm coming, though it's unclear ATM whether I'll be able to enter the Tedlet. But I'll be there whether I can work a dog or not.

I hope some others who haven't registered yet are coming, and speak up soon, or this clinic may be a thing of the past! If we have to cancel, we'll lose the date pretty much for good. cry.gif

Chesney and I would love to come, just driving across country would be a little far since air fair plus clinic would put me in the red for the rest of the spring semester at school :rolleyes: . I know we both could use a refresher from Jack. There was too much to take in at once from Anna's clinic!

Put Liberty NC in mapquest and you will be nearly there. Liberty's not that big! :rolleyes:

It's about two hours south of Roanoke VA, probably, down 29 and then 421. Or 95 to 85 to I-40/421 (and that would take you very close to me and Robin!).

I want to go so bad! I need to know how much for be to have Jackson worked. My house taxes are due in Jan. so, it depends on how it all works out! Can you let me know the cost? You can PM me if need be. I plan on bringing Jackson and Skip, but since Skip has never been on sheep, I would rather spend the money and time on a known than an unknown!

Do. you. mean. that we could FINALLY have a photo op with Nick and Lucy????? She LOVES BC boys... To illustrate, the other day when we finished walking, Lucy ran ahead with a BC boy following, she looked back, positively fetching, and tip toed ahead, looking back and all a wiggle- hard to describe, but basically what you would call complete enamoration with the boy.

You guys should TOTALLY come down. I'm making my chili - that alone should make it worth your while. Oh yeah, and that Jack guy is coming too. :rolleyes:

*Getting out goodie bag* How about some world famous Patrick's iced tea (sweet tea) and you can also pose with the Tedlet. Whom I think I might be able to enter wooo hoooooo!

. I'm making my chili - that alone should make it worth your while. Oh yeah, and that Jack guy is coming too. :rolleyes:

I'm telling! :D

I plan on coming to observe for one or maybe two days...not sure yet. However, Friday is most likely...since Tess has a vet appt out that way anyway. Although I am technically supposed to be working from home on Friday...so maybe I'll have to think about that. I think that my brain cells are slowly leaking out in the form of breast milk and I can't think clearly!!!!!

Hey Gals! Wondering if the clinic is still a go, and if so, trying to figure out which dogs would be best to bring, that could stand to gain the most from the clinic. One started, though having problems learning to drive, ( she's a definite) one has a stop, but have yet to get her going around sheep, as we just havent had the right sheep for this, two 9 month olds, keen to get going, but have only been to sheep twice, and one older dog, that has a need for a larger work area to nip a few problems that have cropped up, and get her going back in the right direction again. How many is everyone else bringing? I thought 2 would be ok.

Darci,

Two is fine (it would be great, in fact, as it will help us fill). A couple of other folks have entered two dogs as well. I won't know till I get all the entry forms/fees whether it's a go or not. Jack asked me to wait till after the holidays to decide so I'll probably make the decision around the 4th. If I don't have enough paid entries a week out, then I'm not likely to get them at the last minute. Obviously if the clinic is cancelled all entry fees will be returned.

Here's what we have in the way of sheep. Dog broke sheep appropriate for beginner dogs, which will be used in the round pen and could be moved into the larger field if necessary (for dogs who have graduated the round pen but aren't ready for the challenge of the main flock). These would be good for any of your younger dogs. The main flock is lightly dogged. They tend to want to run, but will walk for dogs who will stay back and walk themselves. They are a bit tricky for beginner dogs but are fine for P/N and up. We ought to be able to provide the right mix to make it work for everyone. I also intend to have a person & dog covering the main pressure area so the sheep won't be able to run back to where the round bale is while the less experienced dogs are working them.

J.

I forgot to ask, does the price of the clinic cover just one dog, or is that the price per dog? Julie, did you get my e-mail?

Darci,

I did get your e-mail, just haven't had time to reply because we worked dogs all day up till it started raining. The cost for the clinic is per dog. Jack generally prefers not to split one spot between two dogs because he feels neither dog will get the full benefit of the clinic.

J.

Then Im glad I asked, (my first clinic) It will just be Chris that I bring then, she is who I am placing my hopes on to become the better of the bunch as a trial dog. If I can keep her in one piece. Ditz came up today with a bloody head, knocked a hole in herself some how! She's a little accident looking for a place to happen. April she ran into a steele post, another 800.00 accident. But, I think she's worth it.

post-7917-1198877910_thumb.jpg

Hey, I've got one of those million dollar dogs! I shudder to think what I've spent on Ben through all these years. But, it's rather like putting a price on the care you put in your kids - or the cost of keeping up a friendship. He's way, way more than "just a pet."

Anyway, my ship came in and I'm sending you a check for the Tedlet today, Julie! I'm so excited - and Laura, we're gonna have a big ol' girl time. Well, I'll be a big girl and you'll be the skinny one.