BC Boards

Agility-in-a-Ba: $135.00!

aib-combo.jpg

Affordableagility.com has a sale on right now for their agility-in-a-bag set. It includes:

- 6 piece 30" weave set

- 1 adjustable jump

- 1 adjustable tire jump

- pause box

- tunnel (with attachable chute)

- carrying bag

- book with training tips and pictures for each obstacle

http://www.affordableagility.com/agilityinbag.htm

All for only $135.00 until Nov. 27th. Regular price is 159.95.

If I didn't have other things on my "to buy" list, this would be on of them! :rolleyes:

I'm afraid Wick would turn those poles into kindling pretty darn quick! I don't think that chute would hold up to Her Craziness either (and I wouldn't want to stake it since it seems to be one of those pop-up things). That pause box is interesting - I haven't seen one of those in years! I think Lou could fit his front half in it. :rolleyes:

I got this kit when I was starting out, and I'm glad I did. I think it's a pretty good value (even at the regular price), and it really helped me to get off the ground. I have since replaced almost everything, but that doesn't mean I regret my original purchase. Comments about the individual items:

Jump: This is the one item from the kit that I still use, and I use it a lot. I really like its simple, compact design and have made myself a bunch of copies for hauling to the park and setting up exercises on the fly. However, if you are lucky enough to have a place to leave your agility equipment set up, you would probably prefer a sturdier design.

Weaves: I needed a heavier base once my dog started to pick up speed, though this might not be an issue if you could stake your weaves down. Also, contrary to their claims, this set does NOT work as a weavamatic trainer. The poles will not stay at the exact angles you want them to, and you will get very frustrated if you try to make them. A real (i.e. functional) weavamatic trainer is a more complicated and much more expensive beast.

Chute/tunnel: I used the short tunnel section to introduce my dog to the concept of finding the tunnel entrance but soon needed a heavier tunnel that could take on different shapes and handle the weight of the dog careening through it. OTOH, the chute was all I needed to get my dog used to it, and since we rarely see a chute in competition I haven't found a reason to replace it with a "real" chute.

Tire/hoop: This is different enough from a real agility tire obstacle that I didn't spend much time using it as one. The main use I put this to was to teach my dogs to jump through a hoop held in my hand, and thence to jump through my circled arms, which is a nice flashy trick for audiences that fail to be impressed by the things you're really proud of (i. e. things it took months or years to train). I turned the supports into another jump, following the design of the included jump.

Pause box: I have not been able to think of a single thing to do with this item.

One caveat: the shipping on this kit can be a killer if you live in the wrong place.

ETA: Oh yeah. One thing I like about this kit is that all the upright pieces are pretty much interchangeable, so if I need a few extra weave poles I can use my jump uprights, and vice versa. That cuts down (a little bit) on the mountain of stuff I have to haul around.

Thanks for the comments. I had a set of weaves like this one but they were useless for Solo, who plows through weaves. I've got the toy tunnel from IKEA already so I might just order a jump and skip this kit.

It looks like a really great kit for some, but not for me. Zoey would NEVER understand that the "pause box" is for table, and the weaves would have to be taught by luring, something Im trying not to do... Mom and dad made me my agiltiy stuff last x-mas, 2 jumps, a set of 6 weave poles, that I can teach using the v-wave method, and a friend of mine bought me a tunnel off of ebay... So I'm good, because I use a couch cusion for a table. :D

For those of you wanting to make your stuff, you can google it! :rolleyes: