BC Boards

Quick, I need a book tomorrow...

sweet_ceana

We are taking Ceana and Poke down south to a herding trainer on Saturday. (This happened quite sudden) Does anyone know of a good book I can pick up tomorrow so I am not a complete idiot when I show up at this lady's house? I know some basics, but I want to make sure she knows that even if we cannot drive down there as often as we would like that I am quite serious about learning.

How did it go? We love Vergil Holland's book. Also Top Ten Trainers Talk ABout Starting a Sheepdog; The Farmers Dog; Anybody Can Do It. A few new ones we ordered but haven't read yet (can't remember the titles). We were at the ASCA stock dog trials this weekend in Eloy. The weather was great and fun time around the campfire. The judges are ASCA but really knowledgeable people in the field. Hope you had a great weekend too. N

I'm in your position, Narita. I go to lessons and clinics, read books, watch videos. My husband just goes out when it's time to do chores or work cattle, and appreciates that the dogs are trained to the degree that I can get them.

DH does feed if I need him to but not interested in working the dogs unless it is really necessary. He did try it once but didn't like the sheep trying to knock him down when the dog moved so fast. Sometimes it is good to just go by myself. Now that the weather is warming up I can go to watch and camp in the VW Sportwagen with my dog and have a good time. Definitely no dog events on his list of fun things to do. N