BC Boards

First Obedience Class

Taj and I had our first formal obedience class tonight. We started in beginners which had one or two pups of about 4 months, mostly older pups and mature dogs, about 15 in total. After sitting on the ground listening to the instructor talk for about 10 minutes, Taj was getting a bit hyped with so many dogs close-by, so as soon as we were told to stand up and ask our dogs to sit, I asked for a sit, down, high five, sit, down to get him focused on the task at hand.

I didn't realise the instructor was watching as I had my back to her, but Taj got promoted to Advanced Beginners after 30 seconds in the beginners class :rolleyes: He behaved beautifully, especially considering he has never been in a situation requiring that kind of focus and attention with so many other dogs very close to him, including straight line and circle heeling weaves and 30 second sit/stand/down stays and a sit for examination.

LOL although by the end, the last down stay, he decided (or more likely I accidently cued him with my hand) to throw in a couple of Border Collie lightening quick roll overs, much to the amusement of the onlookers:)

I know its nothing major, but I do feel very proud of him, and I think other BC owners can probably relate :D

Michelle