• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 amc

amc

• Registered Users
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

RIP Jean ABC 248219 2/17/2004 - 3/11/2017

It's hard to say goodbye to such a grand dog. No, she wasn't the strongest, most powerful dog on the field. Was she brave? She learned to be. She learned to trust that her partner had her back, so she stepped up. She was my go-to girl if I needed a gentle touch, a clean flank, steady, calm pressure. A listener, a willing partner, ready to go all day long. In her later years, she became a teacher of a novice handler. "This is where you see balance, Donna". "This is what a flank should look like". "Don't worry, I've got the gather". Impatient and snarky with overbearing pups or overeager wannabe dog friends, she was bombproof with children and people. She was my walking buddy at the Women's March in Ashland this past January, where she comforted a crying toddler, much to the relief of the child's harried father. She gave me the gift of her son, Roy. Our years together will never be forgotten.

I'll miss you, my Good Old Girl. Run free, Jeanie Beanie, my sweet Pipsqueak, Little Squeaker. Wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge. 

Attached File  Jean Sonoma.jpg   89.05K   14 downloads

Photo credit Morgen Magnusson

Amy Coapman
Montague, in the State of Jefferson

#2 GentleLake

GentleLake

• Registered Users
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

I'm so very sorry, Amy. She sounds like she was a grand dog indeed, and I can see she'll be sorely missed.

roxanne

#3 Sue R

Sue R

Bark less, wag more

• Registered Users
  • 12,597 posts
  • Interests:Stockdogs, horses, chocolate

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

I am so sorry, Amy, and so very grateful for the time you both had to enrich each other's lives. 

Sue Rayburn - Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult, but not the brightest firefly in the jar.

Celt, Megan, and Dan

"When the chips are down, watch where you step."

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything." - author unknown

#4 Gloria Atwater

Gloria Atwater

Talksalot

• Registered Users
  • 2,506 posts
  • Interests:Sheepdogging!

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

I'm glad to have known the amazing Jean for these past years. She was a special girl and I will miss her. So very sorry, Amy.

~ Gloria

You ask of my companions. Hills, sir, and the sundown, and a dog as large as myself that my father bought me. They are better than human beings, because they know but do not tell. ~ Emily Dickinson

To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace. ~ Milan Kundera

#5 airbear

airbear

Talk to the paw

• Registered Users
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

The quietest dogs leave a deafening hole in our worlds when they leave us. Amy, you wrote a lovely tribute to a good and honest (and orange!) bitch. I wish you peace.  

Kristi
Rex and Bar
Bear, Wick and Lou - forever in my heart
Our Photo Blog

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams - Eleanor Roosevelt

#6 urge to herd

urge to herd

• Registered Users
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:23 PM

Beautiful words, Amy, I'm so sorry you had to let her go.

Ruth and Gibbs

#7 WildFlower

WildFlower

Sheep dog handler in training.

• Registered Users
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:38 AM

I am so sorry for your loss.

Vicki

Border Collies: Devon, Teak, Jess, & Gus
Kitties: Merry Cat & Mr. Magoo

Chickens and Sheep

Forever in my heart: Daisy 3/6/2008 - 12/20/2015

"Live the life you love. Love the life you live."

#8 Rolf

Rolf

• Registered Users
  • 893 posts
  • Interests:Music and my dogs

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:40 AM

You found so wonderful words for your lovely Jean. I wish you much power to overwind this great loss. She must have been a wonderful dog. I am with you in my thoughts, amc.

#9 gcv-border

gcv-border

• Registered Users
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:16 AM

All dogs have a special purpose. I am so glad that Jean had hers.

RIP Jean.

Jovi

"Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog."  Charles F. Duran

#10 D'Elle

D'Elle

• Registered Users
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:13 AM

I am so sorry. She sounds like a lovely girl.

D'Elle

and family.

Left to right: Kit, Jester, Boo, Digger

Mydogs12-2013Smaller.jpg
"You gonna throw that?" --Jester:  2001 - June 24 2016. Remembered with much love.
"I'm grouchier than you are" --Kit

"I love everyone!" -- Boo

(Boing! Boing! Boing!)--Digger

And not pictured, Benjamin the cat, who thinks he is a small border collie with superpowers.

#11 dawnhill

dawnhill

• Registered Users
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

What a beautiful dog Jean was, both inside and out. It's clear she blessed your life and the lives of others in many ways. Maybe the worst thing about a dog like this is that when they go, they leave a hole so big it feels like half the world is missing. I am awfully glad you have Roy and so many good memories. Thank you for honoring her with your words. -- Dawn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.