BC Boards

Red Dog

kelpiegirl

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my heart dog Girlfriend died in October, my world went grey for a while. Nothing looked good, nothing sounded good, nothing tasted good. Then I came here, and here I found a link to "Three Woofs and a Woo". RDM, your exquisite photos and the adventures of your wonderful dogs made me smile when nothing else could. I went back to the beginning and read the whole thing in a day, and by the time I was halfway through, I was in love with all of them. But it was so obvious that Red Dog was your special boy. Even before he was sick, that special black and white photo, "... my old man dog, my heartbeat, my best friend" brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you so much for sharing him. You and your pack are in my prayers.

RDM, I'm so sad to hear about this. I can only imagine how you must be feeling. You have a particular gift for revealing to us your dogs as you know them, as ONLY you can know them - their quirks and foibles, their spark and courage, the "THEM-ness" of them. Thank you for sharing your dogs with us, and for making them real for us through your words and photos. RD will be greatly missed by so many. My thoughts are with you.

I posted on your blog a while ago, but it was right away, and I couldn't think of any way to articulate why Red Dog's passing made me cry. Ceredwyn's and AKDogDoc's posts explain some of it. Through the wonderful pictures and writing I've gotten a sense of just who RD was and who he was to you. What a dog! Through knowing him I know my own feelings about my animals a bit better. Thank you so much for sharing his life with us.

Dear Sheena,

Thank you for having shared your private Briggs with complete strangers, and making him a Red Dog of the world. It has been a great privilege witnessing the incredible legacy he had helped to create. If only all our dogs could be as loved as he was. My heart truly breaks for you, and what you have lost. I hope that your pain will soon dull quickly, but that the wonderful memories will last forever.

Sincerely,

Koi, Mojo, and Godiva

I truely understand your loss, my heart goes out to you. Keep your chin up, watch the sky, thems not clouds, but big fluffy white sheep! All dogs "DO" go to Heaven. Come Bye Red Dog!

• 1 month later...