BC Boards

Colorado Winter Storm

Anda

Guess by now we made the news, there's a huge winter storm hitting Colorado as we speak, blizzard blasting over Denver and surrounding areas.

I went to work this morning, then I sent all my employees home at 10, when we realized that if we're not going home NOW, we all have a chance of spending a very long night at the office :rolleyes: I do like my co-workers, but maybe not THAT much! LOL

They said we'll have up to 2-3 feet of snow, and that it won't stop snowing until tomorrow afternoon!

Hope everyone in Colorado is safe and staying away from the roads!

Glad to hear you are at home and won't have to go out in the storm. Wow -- 2 or 3 feet is a LOT of snow. And the winds will make 6 foot drifts.

When the western USA is having weather like that it seems like the east coast usually has balmy nice weather. Two days ago the high in Baltimore was 75 with lots of sunshine. Right now it is sunny and 48. I don't want to trade for your weather.

Hector

The best things in life are furry.

I'm watching it on the news right now! Wow, what a storm!

Originally posted by KrisK

....could you send a bit this way??? We're facing a "GULP"...GREEN Christmas in N. Ontario!! That is just so icky!!
I want snow, too! Michigan is supposed to have snow at Christmas! Anda, quick, package some up and ship it to me so it arrives by Christmas Eve! :rolleyes:

Anda, glad you are safe in your home!

They just closed all three of our Colorado offices and are sending everybody home. I was in Denver last year in December and there was a horrible blizzard that day, too. (Which makes the hour long ride from the airport rather hair-raising.) :eek:

Hope you have lots of provisions and a warm fireplace!

Thanks, you all! If only I can convince my husband NOT to go to Home Depot to buy some unessensial stuff (which of course he views as indispensable) and to go find a fir-tree in this weather! He's like a child wanting to go play in the snow! Until he gets stuck somewhere, God forbids!

I do have a fireplace, and plenty of supplies, and, most important, I have vacation till next Thursday! Yoo-hoo!

I also have a dog who wants to go out in the snow, and has little patience for the poor frozen me, who just came home from work! I keep letting him out on the balcony, to play in the snow with his balls, then he wants back in, then back out, then back in .... LOL

You already know me, so no surprise I grabbed my camera as I took Ouzo out a few minutes ago.

Results:

IMG_0349.jpg

Blizzard

IMG_0352.jpg

Snow is fun, but not when is blowing staight in your face!

IMG_0353.jpg

It might be nasty outside, but Ouzo made the best out of it, swimming through the virgin snow at the dog run!

(Sorry for the low quality of the video, it's the best I could do with my low resolution video settings on my Canon, horrible weather, and me constantly shaking the camera :rolleyes::D:D )

th_MVI_0354.jpg

It's not getting any better, check the low visibility. Snow's about 10-12 inches, even higher in places. Measured by my dog: he got engoulfed in snow about half way and given he's 23 inches tall...

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

Will the snow ever stop? I cannot find my spot to go potty :confused: (That is his confused or unhappy look, with his lip puffed on his canines)

IMG_0356.jpg

I guess next time, I'll be more careful what I wish for....

IMG_0357.jpg

LOL! Love his miffed face :rolleyes: . (Kessie says he's a sissy boy...and she wants that snow!)

I have a friend who's supposed to fly tomorrow morning to Jackson, MS, to see his family for Christmas. And my husband is supposed to drive him to the airport. Hmmm...

Given the 1,600 flights cancelled, the fact that Denver International Airport is closed and that the main blvd leading to the airport is shut down, and people are "trapped" in the airport, I strongly doubt anyone is flying to Mississippi tomorrow from Denver :rolleyes:

Wow, looks like fun if you can just play, a royal pain if you have to 'do' anything. Stay warm, have fun, and maybe Ouzo should run free and your DH should be on the lead :rolleyes:

The video is fun, gave me a good giggle watching him bound through the snow, one or two small steps, GIANT bound.... repeat! That is Hoku's M.O. also.

Be safe Anda...don't ya love that horizontal snow!!! When we had about five inches I let the BC's out. Derry turned and looked at me as if saying "what, you're not coming out also?" After they got used to things later they had a blast. Getting pretty deep out there, foot and a half straight with much larger drifts. Be safe all you Colorado folks!

-jay

Glad obedience class was last night!

That's a lot of snow! Can Black Jack come and play in the snow? :rolleyes: I hope everyone is safe. I have an Aunt in Denver and she said it was bad but I haven't see nany pictures until now. I wish we could get some snow too. It would be nice! lol. I'm glad you and Ouzo are doing ok. Have fun! :D

Breathtaking photos to those of us in balmy south Georgia who see snow about once every ten years. It's 10:25 p.m. and 58 degrees here. A t.v. weather forecaster this a.m. advised those of you in the path of the storm to "get where you want to be for the next three days because this thing (the storm) is not going to let up till then." Stay safe. Thanks for sharing.

Ah, how well I remember the good old Colorado blizzard. I LOVED getting snowed in when I was a kid. It was always so festive - for us, anyway; I'm sure my parents were less thrilled. :rolleyes:

We're getting hammered up here, too.... travellers getting stranded at the airport partly because of local weather and partly because of closures at the destinations. But at least we're having a white Xmas! It's quite gorgeous. AND tomorrow we gain about 30 seconds of daylight! What could be better? :D