5 replies to this topic

#1 Donald McCaig

Donald McCaig

Geezer

• Registered Users
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:17 PM

Dear Doggers,

My cousin Liz was librarian for the Montana Supreme Court in the 1960"s.  Liz liked her wine and she and her friend Roz would sit on her front porch and watch the Montana sunset -sometimes when there wasn't one

Rose had a son, a gay artist, in New York and when the ladies came to the big city we got together, introduced them to the pleasures of pot and went to Max's Kansas City to see the Velvet Underground.  Liz rather liked getting high w/o hangover and next summer, when Roz's son visited Montana he brought a nice lump of hash for  Mom and her BFF.

What had been a big adventure in far off Manhattan was a little too much in the western town and when her son left, Roz gave the hash to Liz, who put it in her refrigerator until Monday morning when she was getting ready for work and remembered this was the day HER CLEANING LADY CAME !!

And the cleaning lady liked to snack.  She raided Liz's refrigerator.  Liz started getting waking nightmares of the Cleaning Lady eating the hash and tearing off her clothes and running through down or climbing on the roof and refusing to come down or GOODNESS KNOWS WHAT.

So she popped the hash into her purse and set off for the State Capital. Before she finished her cup of coffee , someone invited her to the state attorney general's office where she joined the small crowd to meet Edgar, Montana's very first dope-sniffing dog.

Well!

Without further ado, Liz spun on her heel marched out of the office, out of the building and drove somewhere where she could discard the illegal substance.

She explained her actions thus: "Well, the dog was going to sniff me and tell everybody I had this stuff and of course, I wouldn't have opened my purse and they wouldn't have believed the dog and they'd never have trusted him again.  I left for the sake of the dog."

Different days.

Donald

#2 Sue R

Sue R

Bark less, wag more

• Registered Users
  • 12,791 posts
  • Interests:Stockdogs, horses, chocolate

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:07 AM

:D
Sue Rayburn - Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult, but not the brightest firefly in the jar.

Celt, Megan, and Dan

"When the chips are down, watch where you step."

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything." - author unknown

#3 gcv-border

gcv-border

• Registered Users
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:30 AM

:D :D :D

Jovi

"Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog."  Charles F. Duran

#4 Hooper2

Hooper2

• Registered Users
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:57 AM

I teach a freshman level cell/molecular biology course.  Years ago when I had more dogs with a bigger variety of coat type and colors, I used to bring three or four of them in for my lecture on Mendelian inheritance to illustrate dominance and recessiveness and independent assortment and epistasis.   I could have done the whole thing with a Powerpoint presentation of photos of my dogs, or a bajillion photos from the interwebs.  But it was fun to bring the dogs and it kept the students more engaged and asking more questions than a picture show does.  One year as I was  walking the dogs into the lecture room and the appearance of the dogs created the usual buzz, one student ask me "what are the dogs for?"  Something made me say "oh, they're drug sniffing dogs".  I lost about 1/4 of the class as they made a hasty exit.

#5 GentleLake

GentleLake

• Registered Users
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

I have a friend who used to run an in-home daycare. She had an old bong stored under the kitchen sink. Not sure how often or even if it was still used, but that's where it was kept.

She also had a client who was a police officer working in narcotics. They were on good terms and would chat when he was picking his kids up from daycare.

One day he brought his trained drug detection dog along with him and brought him into the house. As any curious dog will do when entering a new environment, he sniffed around the house as they were talking. . . .and sent my friend into a panic as he started heading in the direction of the kitchen.

My friend's a quick thinker and soon raised concerns about the dog entering the kitchen where the children's food was prepared. The officer called him back and they left shortly afterwards.

My friend got rid of the bong within minutes of his leaving, and thoroughly scrubbed the space under the sink for good measure.

"People in your life always come and go all the time; the dogs are always there for me. Always." ~Samantha Valle

#6 highway61

highway61

• Registered Users
  • 333 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:45 AM

Last weekend I was watching Live PD and they had a canine officer in the studio with his dog "Flex" who is somewhat of a celebrity himself. One of the twitter questions for the cop was "does Flex sniff out dope when he's off duty?" Another question was "what breed is Flex?"  A Dutch Shepard from Netherlands is what his handler answered. I was impressed how docile and affectionate the dog was in the studio. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright: All posts and images on this site are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Banner photo courtesy of Denise Wall, 2009 CDWall. For further information, contact info@bordercollie.org.