BC Boards

The Making of a Freestyle Dog

On Saturday, Bandit did his first public Freestyle demo!

This was actually rather unexpected. We were going to the demo, but I expected just to demo Agility (jumps and tunnels) and maybe some tricks.

But the evening before I got an email asking for a Freestyle demo!

Soooo . . . we did it.

Because of that, this was not a choreographed routine, but improv. That would not have been my first choice, but I was competing with Tessa on Sunday and I simply could not stuff another routine into my head at that point.

This is somewhat Agility-esque, but still Freestyle.

I was THRILLED by two things. First, he loved every second of it. That boy adores working in front of an audience. Second, he stayed with me!!! There was no actual barrier between us and the audience - just a little rope!! Even with the toy in my hand, his engagement was a big success.

The fact that he performed well (especially as improv, which is difficult), was icing on the cake!!

He did even better in his non-competition performance at the Freestyle competition the next day, but alas . . . no video of that!!

So, enjoy Saturday's fun!!

• 1 month later...

Thought some of you might enjoy seeing where Bandit is at with his dancing!! :)

This is an edited version of our performance from the Dogs Can Dance Challenge live event this past Saturday. The parts edited out are the parts where my handling just disintegrated!! :D
This is unpolished at this point. We entered the "Audition Class" which an exhibition class (except we get comments from the judges - WOOT!!). No points are awarded in this class, so there is no restriction on food use.
I am looking forward to getting this completed and polished up with completed training for Bandit and correct use of my arms!! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...