BC Boards

Ugghhh just call me clutz

I can be so stupid sometimes, and later think, "DUH."

So yesterday I hurt my toe really badly, just stepping over the baby gate we have in the kitchen doorway. We do this frequently, but yesterday it hurt SO bad and didn't stophurting. My one toe is now all purple. :D I couldn't put my boots on to go out, I had to wear my old icky pair of boots that are really big and soft. I think it's just bruised, but it still hurts. So of course this morning Zeeke starts barking out the window while my husband was sleeping in and as I'm trying to quiet him down he steps on my toe. :eek: I don't think I helped his barking with my hopping-on-one-foot-and-hollaring.

Then this afternoon I take Zoe out to pee and go to check the mail. Our mailbox is at the end of the driveway, I walk out there every day with Zoe. Well today as I get there a big UPS truck starts pulling out of the driveway across the street. Zoe hangs way back, which is good, I tell her it's okay and reach for the mail... and right THEN she decides to bolt for the house. She didn't make it anywhere as I was holding the leash, but she pulled me right into the mailbox. Now my arm and back of my hand is scraped and banged up and bleeding. I had to have a shower right after that too - trying to wash my hair with one hand isn't easy!! (I didn't want to get soap on it... it would really sting.) That was my "DUH" moment - I knew she's nervous I should have waited til the truck went by, but she was standing there okay... just BAD TIMING.... agghh.

Should I be afraid to leave the house? Scratch that... so far I've hurt myself IN the house... help, get me out!! :rolleyes:

Doctor Nancy says take a large Manhattan, then sit in front of a fire and read a British murder mystery. Today, the stars are just not aligned for you. So take advantage of it.

Quick wrap your self in cotton wool!!!! Only kidding I'm sorry your having a bad day hunny, they say these things come in threes so only one more accident to go!!!!

It happened to me a while ago (dont laugh) I dropped a box of 12 cartons of OJ (12ltrs -i work in a shop) on my face, I looked like a puffer fish... then my house electrocuted me via a normal light switch and then I had some sort of reaction to a bottle of wine, i had two sips and went bright red and very very hot. So I feel for ya hun, times like this hurt lots!!!!!

:eek: Claire! Ow! I worked at Subway once... had a run-in with one of the fresh out of the oven baking pans.... still have a tiny scar from that one!

Hubby's taking me out to dinner tonight. Fingers crossed nothing bad will happen to me LOL.

Lunar, I'm so sorry, but your post did made me smile. However, I do hope your arm, side, and toe are feeling better! Oh yes, and when walking, beware of street signs. They can reach out and smack you in the head. I would have to vote for sitting still and watching a movie. You can practice down/stays with Zoe while you watch your movie. That should be somewhat safe. lol.

~Kelly Deneen :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nancy:

Doctor Nancy says take a large Manhattan, then sit in front of a fire and read a British murder mystery. Today, the stars are just not aligned for you. So take advantage of it.

Careful with that fire though :rolleyes: . But I'm all for the British murder mystery!

I tripped over the same stupid rock three times today...and it was not "bad luck" that put the rock in the doorway to begin with and then left it sitting there after both the first and the second collision...so I can keep you some clutz company :D

Speaking of bruised toes, my BC was doing the teeter and I didn't realize my big foot was in the way, and the corner of the teeter(with a 40lb BC) slammed on my left toe. Did I scream in pain? Nah, I made sure she did her "bottom" position, gave her a treat, watched her eat it, then made her wait a couple of seconds before releasing her, all the while with the teeter and dog STILL ON MY TOE. LOL.

OMG I am LOL because we had some slippery grass and just yesterday Cody and I were out in the yard and I had him on his extendable leash and was just looking up at the sky and hanging out with him in the yard, not paying much attention and out of the blue a cat decides to visit the end of the yard. WELL, he sees it, but I dont and you guessed it....WAM...on my butt I went!!! OUCH!!! Not quite the ramifications of your bad luck, but wanted you to know, you're not alone in mishaps this week...still have an ouchy butt!!!!

Sounds like you and Miztiki should form a club. :rolleyes:

As I must admit to a fair amount of klutziness and many stitches and broken bones, I would probably be a candidate for the club myself.

Hope the rest of the week goes more smoothly and safely. Feel better soon.

Bad luck comes in batches. Here is my favorite (worst) story about self-inflicted injuries. When I was in high school I played a lot of basketball. So one time I sprained my right ankle pretty bad. I went to the doctor, got it x-rayed and taped up. I had to walk on crutches.

While on crutches I went to a basketball game. After the game while crossing the parking lot on crutches I sprained the other (good) ankle. I managed to get home, but then could hardly walk. The next morning I was pulling the most recently injured ankle up to tape it and I sprained my back. That really hurt.

So I went to the doctor to get my back taped up. He put me under a diatherm infrared heat machine. That made my back feel better, so when I got home I lay down on a heating pad.

Well wouldn't you know it, I got too much heat. I got second degree burns under the tape on my back. That was hurting a lot. So I got the tape pulled off and there were blisters there and the skin on the blisters pulled off with the tape. Then I had raw open sores instead of blisters. That hurt a lot.

I couldn't walk because of the sprained ankles, I couldn't lie down on my back where the raw wounds from the blisters were, but I needed to lie down because my sprained back hurt.

I fixed up a place to lie down across two padded benches with a gap between them. The burned area of my back was located at the gap between the benches, not touching anything. I had to apend about three days on that bench before my back started feeling better and by then my ankles were getting back to the point where I could walk again.

This all tended to make me rather upset with my stupidity. Some of the things we learn from experience we would rather not know.

Well lets see,if we call Miztiki "Curly"

and we call Lunar "Larry"

I wonder who is going step into the "Moe" hole?

Sheezz Ladies its a dangerous world out there so try to be abit safer.

I've never had an accident in my life,,,and if you believe that then I won't bother to mention being 30 feet up a ladder day before yesterday repairing the attic vent on the north gable of my house from where some squirrels decided to chew in, and sure enough as soon as I was dangling with one hand on the ladder the other in my tool belt, leaning my face up to the vent,out pops a squirrel right smack onto my face grabbing on for all it was worth,I freak out trying to punch this nut hauler off my face and lean back that one inch to far in the process and the ladder goes sliding sideways down the wall,,hits the corner of the chimney,knocks me loose, I go flying into the top of a blue spurce which acts like a slingshot and propells me in the opposite direction going backwards mind you, heading straight towards some very serious boulders edging my koi pond,,,,I had time to think,,"Oh Man!" I am going die,,,but luck smiled and I cleared the boulders and landed back first right in the middle of the pond,ice cold but at least it was soft,,thanking the powers that be that I was unhurt except for a couple minor nics and scraps as I was crawling out of the frigid water I look up and still sitting on the top rung of the ladder where it wedged against the chimney was that sum of a bench little red nutcracker chattering away( I swear it sounded more like laughter)I am standing on the edge of the pond regainig my composure when Thunderbolt decides to come rushing around the corner with his eye fixed on the squirrel and Wam! colides against me at the knees and sends me sailing right back into the pond,which he then decides "hey cool dads in my swimming hole I think I'll join him and plop,in he dives right on top of me,,good that I have no neighbors because the profanity that issued from my mouth should of got me struck by a lightningbolt.

Here is the condensed version;

The dogs ate squirrel for dinner last night.

"Honey? where are those big bandaids? I got a booboo.

LMAO!! IronHorse OMG.... that would have been scary. But I can't get over the picture of a squirrel clinging to your face!

Hector, accckkkk! That just sounds so painful!!

Kathy - Oh I hate it when that happens. That's why Zeeke's on a prong... a 110lb dog hitting the end of the leash does NOT have good consequences!!

I'm happy to inform everyone that we went to dinner and nothing untoward happened last night... although my husband later did see another huge scrape down the back of my arm from the mailbox that I didn't even NOTICE. Snuggling into bed was interesting... I kept yelping "OW my toe.... OW my hand!" Ah well. At least it's healing. :rolleyes: