BC Boards

Gorgeous, PB female in Witchita Falls, TX

This one is really killing me. :( Absolutely adorable, energetic, athletic. Everything a border collie should be. Watch the video and see how tolerant she is of the little twerp who's annoying her while she tries to play ball. What a good girlie!

Anyone who can help, please contact the shelter directly and right away. Please crosspost and share, she is out of time and must have a commitment by tomorrow (8/1) morning.

http://www.petango.com/Adopt/Dog-Border-Collie-16809441

Animal ID : 16809441

Breed : Border Collie

Color : Black / White

Spayed/Neutered : No

Size : Medium

Witchita Falls Animal Services

1207 Hatton Road, WICHITA FALLS, TX, 76302

(940) 761-8894

http://www.wichitafallstx.gov

katrena.mitchell@wichitafallst x.gov

6ea545d0-471e-4453-881b-ccf799d4d977.jpg

And the video: :wub:

Is she getting pulled to go to rescue? I would seriously take her if there was no other option and transport could be arranged.

So happy though to hear she appears to be out of danger. Border Collie's do not come into rescue near me often and it kills me to see so many in shelters in other parts of the country.

Yes, I believe she is going to rescue in Texas! Waiting on 100% confirmation, but it looks that way.

Isn't she just the dreamiest? :wub: I keep telling myself that when I'm ready to add the next dog, there will plenty of awesome dogs needing rescue. I'm sure that's true (unfortunately), but I keep having to pass up some REALLY awesome dogs in the meantime. :lol:

Yes, I believe she is going to rescue in Texas! Waiting on 100% confirmation, but it looks that way.

Isn't she just the dreamiest? :wub: I keep telling myself that when I'm ready to add the next dog, there will plenty of awesome dogs needing rescue. I'm sure that's true (unfortunately), but I keep having to pass up some REALLY awesome dogs in the meantime. :lol:

That is awesome news. She looks like the perfect catch for an experienced owner who could really appreciate her. I keep telling my boyfriend that we need to go on a road trip out west to grab a Border Collie in need at a shelter.

Border Collie's do not come into rescue near me often and it kills me to see so many in shelters in other parts of the country.

You live in NY (according to location)?

Glen Highland Farm - Sweet Border Collie Rescue gets and places dozens if not hundreds of rescue dogs a year.

http://www.glenhighlandfarm.com/ghfdogs.htm

And they have taken dogs from as far as Texas before as well.

You live in NY (according to location)?

Glen Highland Farm - Sweet Border Collie Rescue gets and places dozens if not hundreds of rescue dogs a year.

http://www.glenhighlandfarm.com/ghfdogs.htm

And they have taken dogs from as far as Texas before as well.

Oh I drool over GHF's dogs every week! I am 5 hours from them. Our local shelters and SPCA's (say within 2 hrs) never get border collies. I looked for over a year for a male at least 1 year old and eventually drove to Ohio to rescue our boy. We do plan to put an application in with GHF soon but don't know when we would actually be able to make the trip out to meet any dogs (and assume we may have to go out more than once to find the 'right' dog). It would be closer for us to travel into PA and OH typically than out to GHF. For the right dog, we would drive just about anywhere though!

Oh I drool over GHF's dogs every week! I am 5 hours from them. Our local shelters and SPCA's (say within 2 hrs) never get border collies. I looked for over a year for a male at least 1 year old and eventually drove to Ohio to rescue our boy. We do plan to put an application in with GHF soon but don't know when we would actually be able to make the trip out to meet any dogs (and assume we may have to go out more than once to find the 'right' dog). It would be closer for us to travel into PA and OH typically than out to GHF. For the right dog, we would drive just about anywhere though!

The good news (but actually sad reality) is that there will always be great dogs available. If you miss on one, another one will be available later.

If driving a long distance, you can overnight in the adoption RV :)

http://www.glenhighlandfarm.com/lodging.htm