BC Boards

My first Border Collie

BCMomma

post-6291-1173844796_thumb.jpgCiji (pronounced "C G" for Christmas gift) was my very first Border Collie. She was the best dog ever and loved me no matter what. She was with me through thick and thin - good times and bad and did it with boundless energy and love. Pictured is her best friend my cat Ebony who couldn't hear and never meowed in his 15 years. Ebony would hang from Ciji's neck and they'd run around the house like that - Ebony swinging away! She is the reason we will always have a Border Collie or two in our lives. She died in 1997 at the age of 12.

post-6291-1173844796_thumb.jpgCiji (pronounced "C G" for Christmas gift) was my very first Border Collie. She was the best dog ever and loved me no matter what. She was with me through thick and thin - good times and bad and did it with boundless energy and love. Pictured is her best friend my cat Ebony who couldn't hear and never meowed in his 15 years. Ebony would hang from Ciji's neck and they'd run around the house like that - Ebony swinging away! She is the reason we will always have a Border Collie or two in our lives. She died in 1997 at the age of 12.

Beautiful dog and beautiful cat. Though what's up with their eyes in the picture? Photoshop?

Beautiful dog and beautiful cat. Though what's up with their eyes in the picture? Photoshop?

LOL! It was late and I got a little crazy with the red-eye reduction. They were both a little nutso anyhow so the eyes reflect their crazy spirit.

They both have been gone over 10 years now but still tug at my heart and always will.

CG was a good looking dog. It's never easy to lose an animal so close to you. Every border collie is so different you can't forget any of them. I won't.