BC Boards

In Memory of Kamp (1992-2005)

Allie Oop

Not quite a Border Collie, but a relative. This was my lovely dog, Kamp (GSD/Rough Collie). Adopted from the Humane Society at 3 mos. old. I miss him so much and he would have loved Allie as his sister. I ended up with a Border Collie because Kamp was so much fun when camping and he would run like crazy through the fields, so I decided my next dog would be a BC or BC/mix. Rest in Peace.

Picture_0265.jpg

Picture_0402.jpg

Kamp was a wonderful dog. Only once have I seen a dog that looked exactly like him, and that turned out to be his brother. We ran into him at a campground outside of Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area and they told us they had adopted their dog the day before we got Kamp, from the same shelter and we knew that Kamp had been turned in with a brother. Small world.

Kamp was camera shy and would put his ears down or pull a face when we took pictures, but he had the long face of the Rough Collie and the ears, ruff, etc. of the German Shepherd. Oh dear, I can only post about him in small amounts because after a few minutes, I can't see through the tears, so I have to stop now. I have been looking for pictures of him when he was a young pup and will have to scan a few on.

Camping at Greens Lake outside of Flaming Gorge N.R.A. (2001)

KampatGreensLake.jpg

KampSmilingatGreensLake.jpg

I especially like these last two pictures, which are so full of his personality. He sure looks like a great dog and a super campground companion. What a funny small-world story that you encountered his brother. Thank you for sharing your memories.

• 3 weeks later...